Chapter Four

"Alice."
"Barry."
"Walt."

Here we are again, sitting at a table in the cafeteria having supper and listening to good old Ratman call kids names to take them to "paradise." First of all- how can these fools actually believe there being taken to paradise?! I'm also still in shock from last night, when Aris took Thomas and I into the vents.

"Edger."
"Samantha."

"I wanna know what's through that door," Thomas says. He fiddles with his hands nervously. I can understand though, he hasn't seen Teresa. It worries me, too. I really hope she's okay.

"Aaron."

"Now we've been over this," Newt says. Thomas told me he told the boys brief details of last night, Newt however was skeptical. "You said they were covered up, so you don't know what you saw."

"Dennis."

"It could have been anything under there," Newt says, trying to change his mind.

"I know exactly what I saw," Thomas grumbles. "They were bodies."

"Sally."

I nod. "Aris says they bring in a new batch every night."

Newt's eyes widen.

"Who the hell is Aris?" Minho asks

Thomas points to the boy diagonal from us, who has his hood on once again but instead of blankly starring at the table like yesterday, he is examining a piece of corn bread in his hand.

"Henry."
"Tim."

"Well I'm sold," Minho says sarcastically.

"And last but not least, David. Thank you all for your attention. Enjoy the rest of your evening." Ratman says after finishing off the list of names.

"Okay, well until we know anything for certain we should just keep our heads down and not draw attention to ourselves, alright?" Newt says.

I nod.

Then all of the sudden Thomas slams his hands on the table and marches over to the restricted door.

"What is he doing..." I say as my eyes widen in fear.

"I think he's drawin attention to himself," Fry says.

We all just sit and watch Thomas as he's talking to the guards.

"This won't end well," Minho says with a sigh. I nod my head in agreement, although we're all kinda used to Thomas and his plans and lack of listening skills.

"Oh thank god," I say as I see Thomas turning to walk back towards us. "He's coming back." I rub my forehead in frustration.

"Guess again!" Minho says, it's almost as if he's amused with this.

"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, MAN!" Thomas yells just as our whole table is surrounding him.

"BACK OFF!" the guard yells, shoving Thomas into the arms of our group.

Everyone is yelling at each other, irritating my ears.

"What's happening here!" Janson shoves his way through. "Thomas, I thought we could trust each other."

He puts his hand on Thomas's shoulder. I feel my self tense up, scared for Thomas.

"You know we're all on the same team here."

"Are we?" Thomas whispers so quietly I can barely hear.

Ratman doesn't reply very quickly. "Get em' to their bunks." He says ever so calmly.