Chapter Fourteen

Sorry again this isn't posted sooner, but this week is HELLA busy. Luckily it's almost over and I would like to get more updated than usual. That being said I don't know what my schedule is like😬.

Anyhow, thanks for reading and voting! It makes me happy to read your comments as well!

(Sorry for any spelling errors, I didn't have much time to edit this update)

Love you all!! xx

Teddy's POV

A few minutes pass as sit on the sofa beside Newt, resting my eyes. I lay my head on his shoulder, feeling comforted by his presence.

I've also begun to notice how intimidating Jorge can actually be. He's been bickering with Marcus for, I don't know, like 20 minutes since I woke up. I've kinda already drained out their conversation. I can't get over the fact that I knew Brenda and him. It's all so crazy and seems like another lifetime ago. Well, for me it pretty much was.

My thoughts are filled with more important things. Like how I can't seem to get Newt out of my head. I'm just so confused with us. Could there be something other than just a friendship?
Each time I try to bring a new thought into my head it always comes back to Newt.

"Welcome back, ugly shank."

I open my eyes and lift up my head, glancing over to Minho who spoke up.

Thomas's head rests on Teresa's lap and Minho is leaning over her shoulder. Teresa smiles down at him and strokes back his hair. I can't help but think how incredibly cute those two look together.

I turn to look at Newt, a wide smile plastered on my face from the sight of them. Newt immediately returns the smile.

"I SUGGEST THAT YOU TALK!"

I flinch when Jorge spats in Marcus's face.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

The next the I know Jorge slaps the taste out of the already bruised and swollen man. I quite literally jump in my seat.

"Holy shit!" I exclaim quietly as my heart races.

"DAMN IT!" Marcus shouts.

"It's alright," Newt hushes me. I'll never get over his accent. "Come on," he whispers standing up and gestures for me to follow him.

We walk over near to where Minho is to be closer to our friends. I plop down on the dusty sofa and Newt sits on the arm rest right beside me.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Thomas standing up and walking towards Jorge, causing me to turn my head.

"Looks like you've been having fun," Newt says quietly to Tommy. I scoff.

"Yeah, right back atcha," he almost whispers as he studies Newt's now frowning face. It's noticeable how out of it Tommy is. I cover my mouth with my hand trying to hide my smile from Newt.

"Listen," Jorge says to Marcus. "I don't enjoy hurting you. Okay?" He inhales deeply before continuing. "Where is The Right Arm, Marcus?"

"Wait..." I look over towards Thomas. "Wait this is Marcus?"

Marcus scoffs, nearly making me gag from how hideous he looks. "Ha! The kid catches on quick. Are you... the brains of the operation?"

Jorge grips Marcus hair, yanking his head back. Marcus yelps in pain. "I know you know where they're hiding," Jorge says aggressively. "So you tell me, and I'll make a deal. You can come with us."

Oh hell nah! I think in disgust.

Marcus chuckles— which is extremely disturbing. "I burned that bridge a long time ago. Besides,  I made my own deal. You're the one who taught me, never miss an opportunity."

We all exchange confused glances as Marcus starts laughing hysterically.

"What is he talking about?" Newt asks Jorge.

"I'm talking about supply and demand," Marcus starts. It's hard for me to look at him, with his huge swollen eye and all. "WICKED wants all the immunes they can get. I help provide that for them. So I lure kids in... they get drunk, they have a good time." He shrugs it off like it's nothing. What a f—

My thoughts are interrupted him speaking again. I definitely don't wanna miss what this slinthead has to say.

"And then, later, when WICKED comes in... they separate the wheat from the chaff."

His sickening laugh goes off again and the room is filled with shock.

"I changed my mind, hermano," Jorge starts. "I do enjoy hurting you." And with that, Jorge's foot places right on the chair Marcus is on. At first I was confused what he was doing. But the. with a great mighty push the chair and Marcus is knocked to the ground. I can hear Marcus's head bang on the floor, causing him to growl in pain.

I thought it was funny, Marcus groaning pain, knowing that he deserves it. Except my internal laughing didn't last long when Jorge raised a gun, cocked it then laid it to Marcus's temple.

"Oh fuck..." I whisper. We all stand up to our feet in not only shock, but also nervousness.

"TALK! TALK!" Jorge threatens. He's now pressing the gun right onto Marcus's neck.

I flinch at the bark in his voice and the gagging coming from Marcus.

"OKAY!" Marcus howls out in fear. "Okay! Jesus! But I'm not making any promises. These guys like to move around a lot." Jorge and Minho pull up the chair with grunts, given that Marcus is a heavy grown man. "They have an outpost in the mountains. But it's a long way. And you've got half of WICKED on your ass you're never gonna make it."

Marcus chuckles unevenly— again.

"Not on foot..." I speak up.

Jorge turns to look at me and smirks. When turning back to Marcus he asks calmly, "where's Bertha?"

Marcus shakes his head. "Not... Bertha."

~~~

Hello again :)

Also my sister wanted to make her a Thomas fanfic, so I made a newt account bc I blocked her on this one lmao.

If you wanna follow it, its spacebear223
I haven't started the story or anything, but I probably will be soon. If you want details, lemme know. It'll be a quite different plot line and only one story I'm thinking.

I can't believe I've gotten over 3k reads on the first book! That's so crazy to me. Thanks to everyone who has read, voted, and commented on my stories. I appreciate you all so much.

Okay thanks again for reading! xx