Chapter Seven

Newt's POV

"Nothing, I'm fine."

Teddy's words repeat in my head over and over again- even after several minutes. I can read that girl like a book and it frustrates me knowing that she doesn't know that I know she's not "fine." She must've cut her hand on the glass from the window.

I just need to focus on what's happening right now. I bloody hate that I'm so in love with her!

"We should pack up this stuff," Minho starts. "Anything you might think we need."

"Let's split up, see what else we can find," Thomas says.

We all pair up. Thomas and Minho, Winston and Aris, Teresa and Teddy, and Frypan and I.

Teddy's POV

"Teddy, here's a flashlight," Teresa informs me, handing me a cold, small light.

I smile. "Thanks."

We slowly walk around the holding up our lights. We find sweaters, water bottles, and a whole lot of other things. I spot a few backpacks underneath a desk. I grab one for myself first and start to fill it with extra clothes, a blanket, pillow, and just random stuff we could need.

"Hey guys!" I call out to Frypan and Newt. I want to give them each a bag.

"Shssssssh!" Teresa hisses. "Be quiet!"

"Right, sorry," I apologize. I grab a few bags with my good hand and run over to my friends. "I found these bags." I hand them each one, then one to Teresa who followed me.

"Thanks," they both say.

Newt shines his flashlight up at me. "Excuse you," I say sarcastically, but then see the concerned look on his face.

"Teddy your shirt..."

I look down at my white shirt. Blood. The blood from my cut must've smeared onto my shirt. Just great.

"Show me your hand," Newt commands. I cannot do this right now.

"Not right now, Newt," I say, avoiding eye contact. I look through my backpack like it's the most interesting thing in the world. 

Out of the corner of my eye I see Teresa and Fry walk away. I pick up my bag and try to catch up with them, but Newt immediately pulls back my arm.

He takes my hand in his then shines his flashlight on it. I quite literally gag at the crippling sight. Blood is still coming out, and dry blood is already formed in various spots throughout my hand.

I turn my head away and pull my other hand to my mouth.

"It's alright," Newt whispers. "We can fix it. Or- try too. Stay here. I'll be back it's a minute."

I nod and wait for him to come back. When he does, he holds a first aid kit. I scoff. "Where the hell did you find that?"

"Over there," he nods his head towards another section while opening the kit. "Give me your hand," I watch him pour a liquid onto a cotton ball.

I shake my head. "It's gonna sting."

"Either this or it'll get infected."

I frown. "Alright..."

He dabs it on the open wound. I wince in pain. "Sorry," he says. I look away while he finishes the job. "All done."

A bandage wraps around my hand. "Thank you." I pick up my bag to leave, them I turn back around to him. "Newt?"