Chapter Eleven

"Two questions," the man we now know as Jorge states. "I would ask you three but I happen to already know the first one." He glances at me.

"Where are you going, and how can I profit."

Nobody speaks up.

"Don't all answer at once!" He exclaims sarcastically.

"We're headed for the mountains," Thomas mentions. "We're looking for The Right Arm."

The men in the room chuckle, and the Glader's and I exchange looks.
"You're looking for ghosts, you mean," he smirks. "I just I'll ask this anyway. Question number two. Where did you come from."

He obviously knows I'm from WICKED, but I don't know what he knows about the rest of us.

"That's our business," Minho says confidently.

I roll my eyes and tilt my head back. We have no idea what these people are made of! Is he seriously gonna— oh forget it.

Suddenly, men come out of nowhere and shove us to the side, knocking me off my feet. After Newt stands up and quickly gives me his hand. I don't let go, though.

"GET THE HELL OFF ME MAN!" Thomas shouts from being held down on a table.

"Shut up you big baby," the girl says. She pulls out some hand held monitor thing, but I can't see it very well because huge men stand in front of me.

"Yep," the girl says. "You were right."

I stand there, utterly confused.

"What is she talking about?" Thomas asks.

"I'm sorry hermano," Jorge starts. "Looks like you're tagged. Which means you came from WICKED. Which means you're very valuable."

~~~

The next thing I know I'm hung upside down over a literal pit. Not to mention I'm dangling from my feet.

"Good plan, Thomas. 'Let's just hear what the man has to say.'" Minho mocks him. "Really working out for us," he says sarcastically.

Thomas rolls his eyes. "Oh shut up, Minho."

Though their bickering is usually always entertaining, all I can think about is who Jorge and the girl are. Why do they know me and not the others? How come they've hung me up too? The way their faces light up made it seem like we were friends.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when a voice speaks up. "Enjoying the view?"

"What the hell do you want?" Thomas asks.

"That is the question," Jorge continues. "My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho says. I swear this boy is going to get us killed.

Jorge puts his hand on the lever that controls the ropes holding our feet. My heart faces.
"Tell me what you know about The Right Arm," he says sternly.