five

i arrived at techno's cabbin in the snowy plain, looking around briefly.

i try the door which, in my surprise, was unlocked. i poke my head in, announcing my presence.

"techno?" i say, spotting him sitting at a desk. "heh?" he asks, whipping his head towards me.

"hi, i have to speak to you," i state, stepping in and closing the door behind me. "have you seen tommy, or spoken to him?" i ask, as i searched for any hope he was alive. "no, not in a while" he states, continuing whatever he was doing.

"you.. sure?" i ask again, gently leaning back on the door.

"im pretty- speak of the fucking devil" he cuts himself off, as he looked up and out the window which sat infront of him.

tommy stood out in the snow.

"he's.. alive?"

i quickly step out the door, hearing techno slowly follow behind. "what are you doing here?!" tommy asks, a confused look plastered across his face as we make eye contact.

techno stood behind me, i could feel his presence.

"the real question is why are you here" techno asks him, as tommy begun approaching us.

"we'll this is my house" tommy says, casually walking past us, and inside techno's home. "what the hell do you think you're doing?" techno follows after him, as i trailed behind.

he opened a trap door which sat on the floor, climbing down a ladder. techno and i followed him, as he simply stayed silent.

"what the hell is this" i ask, looking around the dim room, only a few small chests and bed sat in the corner. "tommy this is my home.." techno states.

"mine too! mi casa su casa!" tommy only laughs, taking a seat on the bed.

"i thought you were fucking dead" i tell him, techno shooting me an odd look.

"y'know, i came to my senses and realized. i don't have to stay. i don't have to live under dreams laws. and here i am!" tommy laughs, raising his arms up.

"ghostbur and ranboo are coming" tommy adds. "are we just going to have a party here or what" techno complains, standing with his arms crossed.

"hello!" ghostbur says, announcing his presence as he hopped down from the ladder. ranboo followed shortly after him, an odd look sat on his face as he saw us.

"i'm as shocked as you are" i say, giving ranboo a small smile.

we stand around for a moment, techno eventually breaking the silence. "y'know.. why don't we band together" he states, in his monotone voice. "team up?" tommy questions.

"exactly," techno goes on.

"you know what, dream is scared of us. that's why he got rid of us. ranboo and ivy have inside intel, and ghostbur.. well he is ghostbur! everyone loves ghostbur!" techno chuckles. "he isn't wrong" i comment.

"right, so we would be a powerful force and you know what, follow me" techno says, beginning to climb up the ladder.

we make our way to a stone wall outside, techno hitting a button which was hidden with the stone. the stone begins to rise, revealing some sort of secret base.

"what the fuck!" tommy yells stepping into the base, going through the chests. "i only have one extra set of netherite, but i can work on getting more" techno comments.

ranboo and tommy sort through the chests, while ghostbur, techno and i, just stood and watched.

tommy approaches us once again, yet he gave me an odd look. "how do we know we can trust ivy." he simply states.

"what? what do you mean?" i ask, knowing the last time we spoke we left on a not so positive note.

"she's working with dream" tommy announces, causing the group to pause and stare at me. "you know tommy, wasn't very smart to bring it up after we explained our plan!" techno cuts in.

"dream isn't my friend" i comment. "but aren't you working with him.. some inside job" tommy goes on. "i'm not working with dream anymore-"

"anymore! i knew it you fucking bastard you-" tommy begins approaching me, techno quickly stepping between us.

"tommy-"

"i should just kill you right here, and theres nobody stopping me-!" he yells, as if techno wasn't between us.

"tommy, i'm here to stop you, now step away from her" techno states, slightly shoving him back. "she fucking betrayed us! who says she won't do it again! she's lying to our faces!" tommy continues.

"if we end up having too, we will kill her. but right now she is a valuable source" techno states.

"i like ivy" ghostbur says, cheerfully.

tommy eventually steps away, going silent.

"plus it's too late to get rid of her, she always knows too much" techno continues, really being the stable one of the group.

"okay, um, so whats our plan?" ranboo cuts in, after being quiet, just watching this mess.

"why don't we sneak into manburg and build a secret base, so we have a place there to" tommy states.

"well ivy and ranboo have access to manburg, so they could just build it for us" techno says, thinking of the safe option. "what's the fun of that" tommy sighs.

"the fun of that is you not dying" i cut in. "oh shut up," tommy quickly slurs, rolling his eyes.

"i want to see l'manburg, c'mon techno."

"okay fine. i'll make us plenty of invis potions and we'll be on our way." techno sighs.

"i can help distract for you guys, like if anyone is around i can try to steer them in a different direction" i pitch, unsure if tommy even trusts me anymore. "perfect" techno says, heading back inside of his house.

we watch techno brew some more invis potions, tommy occasionally occasionally shooting me weird looks.

"she could just kill me" tommy mutters under his breath, techno quickly cutting in. "and so can i, so shut up"

tommy goes quiet, ghostbur just jumping around the small room. "y'know, we are a great team!" ghostbur says cheerfully, "and- and l'manburg can be our home again! happily ever after" he continues.

"i hope you guys will be back one day," i sigh, looking out the windows of the spruce home. "l'manburg isn't the same without you guys."