Chapter 3: Witness, be sure to run

"So that deer down there is Louis, right?" You confirm with Legoshi, your fists unknowingly beginning to clench.

"Uh, yeah. He pretty much runs the club and the school. It's impressive." Legoshi drones, going to fix the lighting to the left of him.

"I see. I wonder what it'd take to see his downfall." You mumble, staring down at him.

The eye contact you two made and the tension created could be cut with a knife. It was angering to say the least, knowing that him, an herbivore didn't fear you, a carnivore. It was as if he knew he was untouchable in a way.

How irritating. How absolutely irritating.

"Are you just going to sit there staring at me or are you going to come down here like I asked?" Louis announced, pulling you out of your stupor.

"Yeah, here I come." You answer, giving Legoshi an unknowing look of curiosity as he returned it. What was Louis planning?

You make your way down the stairs and come face to face with the arrogant red deer.

"May I help you, your majesty?" You grown, fists clenching again. Just looking at him pissed you off.

"Show me your skills. I want you to recite these lines with mine. I need to decide wether or not you're worth the hassle of moving to the actors team." Louis explained, passing you a piece of paper.

"Oh, I know this play. Should be easy enough." You huff, taking your place on the stage with Louis as the other club members seemed to gravitate to the same area to watch you two.

"You will play the role of Annette. Begin." Louis spoke, placing his script paper down as you take a deep breath.

"Okay, here goes." You huff, glancing at the paper before trying your best to get into character

"My love! You're gone so far from me and I fear the space that separates us grows everlasting." Your hands are shaking as Louis then recited his own line.

Hesitantly, you continue,

"You've forgotten me. You've forgotten my love and devotion to you and therefore you've forgotten the promise you made to my heart. Leave me. Leave me and forget evermore!"

You step forward, tone changing from dejected to more aggressive.

"Good, I'll discuss with the board. You just might be able to prove your worth on stage. Welcome to the Drama Club y/n." Louis spoke, making his way upstairs towards Legoshi.

The majority of the club members began to surround you, more than impressed with your captivating practice performance.

"That was amazing y/n! You're so talented! You might be able to land a lead role!" Sheila spoke, placing her hand on your shoulder.

"Seriously! That was impressive, you're almost as good as Louis! Bill interjected, flashing you a sharp toothed smile.

"I wouldn't say that, I haven't performed since I was little so I'm a bit rusty." You giggle, feeling a bit better about your performance since a few others seemed to like it.

"Do you think you'll be able to perform for the
Festival of the Meteor?" Kibi asks, as you raise a brow.

"Festival of the Meteor? I mean...that's a big deal! I'm sure someone else can do much better than I can." You explain, resting your cheek in the palm of your hand.