Chapter 9: Round 1, Its on Sight

You hadn't spoken to Legoshi after he ghosted you at the train station and you couldn't look Louis in the eye for the life of you after the events either.

You hadn't even gotten a chance to practice for the festival. You were almost 90% sure you'd get that part. It was starting to become a priority of yours.

You stared at the ceiling of the drama club room, taking a deep breath before going through the first few steps of the routine.

"One two three, one two three, one two three." You chant, mind drifting to that Juno girl.

You still hadn't gotten the chance to meet her personally because well...tension, but you were all too curious about her.

Was she nice? According to the other, she was.

What did she look like? Probably prettier than you.

Did it even matter??

Has she met Legoshi?
Was she going to replace you?
She was going to take your spot.
She would be better.
She gonna replace you

She's going to replace you!

You snap yourself out of your stupor, ears twitching at the sound of someone entering the club room.

"Y/n...hey."

It was Legoshi, his tone a bit deflated since you haven't spoken to him in a while.

"I didn't think anyone else was in here." He explains, shuffling closer to you whilst you ran through the routine once again.

"Yeah, well I'm here. Y'know, I kinda like being by myself." You'd scoff, referencing the night he left you alone with a faulty train code.

"I'm really sorry about that. Aoba needed me to-" Legoshi paused when you whipped your head around, brows angled down, angry tears brimming your waterline

"Some friend you are! I chase after you, into the black market no less, save your ass from this weird panda doctor, and stick with you through it!" You tell, fists clenched and shoulders raised defensively.

"And I get in return is a hand squeeze, and ditched at the train station with a faulty ticket code! Some friend you are! What was I supposed to do if someone snatched me up?!" You whimper, using the back of your hand to wipe your eyes as to try and now show him your tears.

He didn't deserve to see you vulnerable. And neither did Louis but that's just what happened.

—————flashback———

"Get in." Louis huffs, unlocking the passenger side door for you.

"Thanks." You mumble, sitting in the seat and enjoying the warm air conditioning.

"Why were you here so late? Weren't you supposed to be with Bill and Legoshi? And Aoba?" He questions, meeting his eyes on the road for the most part.

On occasion, his amber hues would slip into your icy gaze. You weren't quite in the mood for an interrogation.

"We got lost and they ditched me to make a long story short." You explain, arms folded over your chest in disinterest.

"I see. I'll have to have a chat with them tomorrow. You didn't go to the black market did you?" Louis questions, his grip on the wheel tightening.

"I-..We-...It was an accident. We got lost. And when we looked up we're just.. there. I didn't eat anything but I saved Legoshi's ass." You explain, drawing more into yourself.

Louis could tell you were getting nervous. A gift of his, reading people.

"And he left you here. Tch. Typical." Louis scoffs, pulling into a free parking space at Cherryton.