𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐗'𝐒 𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 warmed Iris's neck as the pair laid curled up against each other in bed. The flowery bed sheet was messily laying over them in an attempt to cover up their exposed skin. His arms were squeezed around her to keep her close to him, the heat of their bodies causing them to sweat against each other.

Iris groaned when she finally woke up. Her head was throbbing and spinning from the memories of last night, flashes of it blinding her vision for mere moments. The smell that Phoenix carried was sweeter now than what she remembered before this night. The sight of him laying next to her—his eyes peacefully closed and his lips slightly parted to let the air breathe in and out—made her happy. A smile edged on her face and she knew that he was the reason for her glittering, emerald-green eyes.

With a light jolt, Phoenix awoke as well, squeezing eyes shut before opening them. He ran his hand through his hair and then rubbed the sleeping crust out of his eyes which felt oddly satisfying that morning. He slowly stretched out his arms, feeling the dead-weight of what used to be his lively left arm after hours of Iris sleeping on top of it. He didn't mind, however. The smile that greeted him as soon as their eyes connected made up for it altogether.

'Good morning,' he murmured in a raspy voice. He wanted to make a million jokes to make himself more at ease, but he restrained himself from making any. He didn't want her to stop smiling.

'Morning,' Iris replied rather sheepishly.

He laid his finger underneath her chin, pulled her face towards his and left a kiss on her lips. 'Not to be the guy who leaves as quickly as he possibly can after a hookup, but the time on your clock is telling that Valerie is waiting for me at Artemis so she can yell at me as to where I have been,' he said when his eyes caught a glimpse of the clock that read 13:24.

'Right, yeah, sure,' Iris stammered as she covered more of herself with the bed sheet. She grabbed hold of her bathrobe and managed to put it on without revealing too much skin and made a tight knot to keep everything in place.

While she was worried about getting dressed, she hadn't noticed Phoenix dressing himself back into his clothes of yesterday and was now fixing his hair as he looked into her mirror.

Iris crossed her arms over her chest so she could dug her nails into her own hands without him noticing. The last thing she would want was for him to feel bad. She knew beforehand that this would be a one-time thing. Nothing more than that.

But the way he fixed his hair and how he lay so peacefully next to her and how his lips tasted on hers, made her not want him to go. His fidgeting fingers and darting eyes made more sense to her, it was a part of him that he couldn't hide behind a charade. She wanted to be his comfort as much as he was hers at that very moment.

Phoenix stepped towards Iris, holding her entire cheek in his hand, and kissed her lips shortly. There was a gentle touch to it this time. It was nothing like he'd kissed her during the night. This kiss was sweet and yet felt final in a way. 'Thank you, love,' he whispered against her lips. 'I won't forget this.'