𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝑉

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

❝𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐒, 𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 on your assigned seats," miss Oriane spoke in her hoarse voice. She gracefully moved her hands to pass out thick books on which Concise Guide to Omeglian was written in bold letters. "As discussed previously, every dimension has a different language—much like Sigma—besides the universal language of the Silver City."

Iris was only partly listening to miss Oriane's instructions while her eyes were glued to how hefty this book was. It was coloured a fiery-red—resembling the colour Valerie's magic had—which also happened to be the national colour of Omega. Iris vaguely remembered this from the Magical History lessons of her first year. She sighed only thinking about having to do all of this reading besides her others subjects.

"We've covered the languages on Alpha, Beta and Gamma, however, today we'll dive into something far more difficult than those languages. Omeglian—the name of the language as well as the residence of the Omega Dimension—is extremely carefully constructed and cannot be learnt overnight—so don't try to do so."

Miss Oriane was walking around the classroom while she was speaking. Her olive-coloured tanned skin was glowing of passion and as she was speaking, she was flashing her bright-white smile too. Miss Oriane was truly passionate about her subject and this showed during her lectures. No one could ever take their eyes off her when she was teaching.

"The language consists of verbal as well as non-verbal communication, which makes it the most difficult language to learn. It almost looks as though you're speaking while also doing sign language. You should know the signs that come with sounds or words, but don't worry," miss Oriane paused shortly and snapped with her finger to Iris to regain her attention. "I know that it's a thick book to go through, but I've skimmed it down to the absolute necessities. We'll first focus on the verbal communication and learn basic phrases of this language. If you're ever interested in learning the language completely, you may use this book as a guide and can always find more books in the library to help you along."

Leora swallowed lightly. She enjoyed to read and so didn't mind that aspect. However, she had noticed that learning the previous languages was quite a challenge for her and knowing how difficult this would be, she started to feel rather anxious. "Calista, Kenna," she whispered very faintly. "You have to help me with this. I can't do it on my own."

"Don't worry, we'll start right after this class is over," Calista reassured Leora, which seemed to only have limited effects.

Calista and Kenna were usually the ones to help out Leora with subjects that she struggled with, simply because they were always asked. While the other fairies had offered her to help out as well, Leora denied. It was obvious she felt safer around Calista and Kenna.

While both were quite proficient in linguistics, Iris especially seemed to have a native tongue in every languages they learnt. Besides nature and magical creatures, Iris took a great interest in other Dimensions and their culture and would often be found in the library finding books in different languages to practice.