𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑋𝐼𝑋

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

─────⊰ ❁✧✾✧❁ ⊱─────

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐀𝐍, 𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 were hastily running around Ares, the academy which housed all three academies to have a stronger united front against the threat of the Ancient Witches and Wizards and their army of foul creatures. The specialists were preparing their spacecraft and dragons for a trip to Omega through the stars. Cordelia had figured out that finding Omega's heartbeat would be impossible and without it, no portal could be made in-between the two dimensions.

Tarone stood next to Iris as he watched them intently. He was blessed with the powers of Ares and cursed to never be able to truly become a specialist. He never got to meet the dragon destined for him or pick out which weaponry suited him best. Watching them, clothed in their supposedly indestructible outfits, made him envious, but he was also glad that they did get the experience which was taken from him.

His attention was caught by the magnificent dragons that remained close by the specialists' sides. Sunfire, Blaze, Mørdu. He'd remembered their names before he even learnt about the others. When he was still a child, he wanted nothing more than to bond with his own dragon and had read every possible book he could on dragons so he was well-prepared. All of the preparations were in vain.

A sudden hand clutching onto his shoulder made him crane his head to whoever's hand it was. Unlike Iris—who was also graced with a hand on her shoulder—he didn't startle nor did he flinch. His eyes narrowed to the old man whose wrinkles had cut even deeper into his forehead since the attacks had begun. 'Can I help you?' he asked with a slight frown.

Chanda was accompanied by Abraxas and Mahina as all three stood before the siblings. 'Tarone?' the headmaster of Ares questioned in utter disbelief.

Iris' eyebrows knitted together. 'How do you know Tarone?' she counter-questioned him. The fact that he'd asked about him before even looking remotely relieved that she'd come home together with her group stung in her heart, but she let that matter go for now.

'At Ares, we're alerted about every new specialist that's born. I never forget someone's eyes when I see them,' Chanda spoke, his voice dry. 'I remembered how extraordinary his eyes were since I saw six of them stare my way when I visited you as children. I had to see the triplet wonder for myself.'

Abraxas shook her head and nervously balled one of her hands into a fist. Iris had never seen her even remotely anxious, let alone to such an extent that she could notice it. 'Iris, dear, what happened to Phoenix?' She saw the surprise on the fairy's face and rolled back her tense shoulders. 'About a week ago, Gus walked into my office, all lost and innocent. The glint in his eye was gone which could only mean one thing. . .'

Iris uncomfortably shifted her weight back and forth and bit on her lip when she saw his face before her again. 'The tear to the Underworld was ripped open. Before I could fall into it, he pushed me away. He was weakened due to hypnosis. I don't think he could change into his wizard-form and so he couldn't fly. I wasn't strong enough, he—he sacrificed his life for me.' She took a deep breath. 'He's an angel now. Leora is too, as well as Calista.' A pained smile spread on her face.