~ 19 ~

Ranboo pov

I woke up to quiet sobs from Iris. My eyes flew open and I saw the small girl laying next to me in tears. I sat up, ignoring the stabbing pain in my side as I did so. "Iris," I whispered, gently shaking her. "Wake up."

Maybe leaning over her wasn't the best idea. When she woke up, she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"It's okay, it was just a nightmare," I assured her.

"Please don't leave," she whispered, wrapping me in a tight hug. Still ignoring the pain in my side, I hugged her back.

"I wasn't planning on it," I said, pulling her closer to me so that I could lean against the wall. I held her in my arms for a few minutes, trying to help her calm down. Iris looked up at me after a while, but before she could speak, the door opened.

I glanced up and saw Lani at the door. She shrieked when she saw us, turned around to face the door, then said, "Sorry, I should've knocked."

"No, it's fine," I assured the young girl.

"I just had a nightmare, that's all," Iris told her sister, sitting up a little to look at her. She still looked a little upset, but put on a happy face for Lani. "What's up?"

"Oh uh... Tubbo said he made breakfast," Lani informed us before scurrying out of the room.

Iris and I broke into a fit of giggles. Once we calmed down, Iris moved to lean against the head of the bed. Her legs lay across mine as we sat in the comfortable silence.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, turning to look at Iris. She shrugged.

"Not really," she admitted. My face contorted into a concerned frown.

"You okay?" My voice was soft with worry.

"Yeah, I'm just never really hungry in the mornings I guess," Iris told me.

"Okay, just let me know when you get hungry," I told her, relaxing a bit.

She nodded, then said, "But aren't you hungry?"

"I'll have something in a little bit." Honestly, I was kind of hungry, but I wanted to wait so I could eat breakfast with Iris. I didn't want her to eat alone.

We returned to the comfortable silence for a while longer, until Iris spoke up. "Can we go eat now?" I smiled slightly, glad that she wanted to eat now, and nodded. We both got up, nearly tripping over each other as we scrambled to get to the door.

"I reached it first," I laughed, slipping through the half-open door.

"No fair, you have longer legs," Iris complained, yet I could see a small smile on her face.

We raced into the kitchen, sliding on the smooth tile floor as we did so. Tubbo briefly looked up at us from his spot at the counter before looking back at his phone. Lani kept her eyes locked on the ground, her face slightly reddening when she saw us enter the room.

"Lani, why has your face gone all red?" Tubbo asked.

"I uh... I think I walked in when they were about to kiss or something," she told him, eyes still trained on the floor.

"I- no! Why- what caused you to think that?" I spluttered, shocked at the fact that she would think that.

Though I would never admit it, I liked Iris a little more than friends. However, I knew that my growing feelings towards her couldn't be fully confirmed, seeing as we only met a month ago. Plus, I was too nervous to even think about confessing to Iris, let alone kiss her.

Tubbo looked at us, a mixture of suspicion and confusion in his eyes. "Is that true? That you two were gonna kiss?" he asked, sounding doubtful.

"Of course not! Why the hell would I ever kiss him?" Iris exclaimed. I felt a sharp pang in my heart at her words, though I didn't let my expression change.

"Why would you even think that, Tubbo? I would never kiss her," I told him, feeling another sharp pang in my heart. I had just lied to my best friend, and it hurt.

"I believe you guys. Anyway, do you want breakfast? I made pancakes," Tubbo said, quickly changing the subject.

"Sure," Iris said, sitting down at the counter. She looked up at me expectantly, but I avoided her gaze.

"Uh... I'm not actually that hungry right now," I lied. "I'm gonna take a walk if that's fine."

Tubbo nodded, signaling that he was okay with it. I went back to Iris' room to grab my phone and one of my sweatshirts before leaving the house.

~ ily all, have a wonderful day :]

•Enderbee•