~ 24 ~

Iris pov

Lani almost immediately wrapped me in a tight hug when I opened the door. "I really don't mean to pry, so you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to," she told me. I hugged her back for a little while, emitting quiet sobs as I clung to her. We stood in front of the bathroom door for a while before I broke away from the hug and stumbled over to the wall.

"Thanks Lani," I mumbled, giving her a weak smile.

"Of course," she replied, then left me alone.

Exhausted from my panic attack, I let myself slide down the wall and drift to sleep.

~ time skip to a little while later ~ 

"Iris." I slowly opened my eyes, seeing Ranboo crouched next to me and quietly repeating my name until he saw my eyes open. "Are you alright?" he asked, noticing my tear-stained face.

"No," I replied bluntly.

Ranboo didn't speak; instead, he gently wrapped me in a hug. I flinched, remembering last night, and pushed him away.

"Sorry," Ranboo mumbled, looking ashamed as he backed away from me a bit. I saw the hurt look in his eyes and immediately felt guilty.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm just... I don't trust- not that I don't trust you, it's just I'm not ready to put my full trust into anyone right now," I rambled, "especially after the other night."

"That's completely fine, I understand," Ranboo told me, nodding. "Please don't feel pressured into doing anything you feel uncomfortable doing."

I smiled at his words. God he's so nice... I wish I could trust him more, but it's just hard to trust anyone right now.

"Thank you," I said quietly before standing up. "I should probably wash my face." Ranboo smiled in acknowledgment, then I disappeared into the bathroom to wash my face.

Ranboo pov

Not gonna lie, that kinda hurt. I frowned after Iris  walked away, slightly confused as to why she all of a sudden was so hesitant about hugging me. I'm just being selfish. She needs her space, and I need to respect that.

I stood up and went back to her room, sitting on her gaming chair and scrolling through Tiktok for a few minutes until she returned.

Iris sat down on her bed, leaning against the wall. Her eyes were glazed over with exhaustion, and I assumed she hadn't slept last night. Lani had told me about her panic attack earlier, and I felt a stab of pain in my heart; even though I wasn't the reason she was scared to trust me, I knew I was the cause of her panic attack.

"Iris, you should try to get some sleep," I suggested as she yawned.

The short brunette closed her eyes in response, and I could tell she was falling asleep.

A few minutes passed before I realized that she was probably uncomfortable, sleeping with her back against the wall. I quietly got up and went over to Iris, gently moving her to lay on her pillow. Iris' hand grabbed mine when I tried to pull away, so I smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed, letting her hold my hand while she slept. I made sure I wouldn't fall asleep so as to not make her uncomfortable again.

"Sleep well Iris," I whispered.

~ yooooo Change My Clothes is out :D it sounds so good

~ take care of yourself, ily all :]

•Enderbee•