~ 20 ~

Ranboo pov

The crisp morning air lashed at my face as I stepped outside. Bad thoughts overruled the good ones as I walked down the road, no particular destination in mind.

What if I'm not good enough for her? It's probably just too soon, she might change her mind. She sounded very certain though. I don't know, maybe I should just move on. I've already gotten too attached, and I'll see her every day for the next three months... it's not that easy. Unless I leave the UK early... but that'd be selfish.

I was so lost in thought that I nearly walked into a mailbox. Shaking my head, trying to rid my brain of it's damaging thoughts, I continued walking.

After maybe 20 minutes, I ended up at the park. The one that Iris and I always go to.

Iris pov

Ranboo had left the house a little while ago. I kept trying to convince myself that he probably just needed some fresh air. But a small, worried thought continuously caught my attention. I really hope he's alright.

Finishing my breakfast, I cleaned up my plate and decided that I would go look for Ranboo. Tubbo looked up at me as I neared the front door.

"I'm gonna go look for Ranboo," I explained before grabbing my phone and slipping out the door.

I walked down the road, looking around for him, then realized he would most likely go to the park. We go there all the time.

During the twenty minute walk, I got more worried. What if I can't find him? I started to speed up, reaching the park quicker than I expected. I forgot how big this place is. I began my search for Ranboo, my anxiety growing.

About half an hour into searching, I decided to check the bench that Ranboo and I had danced near on our first visit to the park. Climbing the small hill, I looked around, memories of that time flooding back. Ignoring them, I continued looking, then saw a figure sitting under a tree.

Nearing the person, I noticed that their head was buried in their knees. I quickened my pace; now I could see that they had fluffy brown hair. That must be him.

Now I was a few feet away from him. I heard quiet, muffled sobs escaping him. My heart shattered as I watched him cry. What did I say? Maybe he was just embarrassed? My brain tried thinking of reasons that he would be upset, but couldn't seem to think of the right one.

Should I say something? Probably not, he'd be really embarrassed if he knew that I saw him crying.

I quietly crept away, careful not to make much noise, and started to head back towards the entrance of the park. Guilt flooded through me as I walked away, though I didn't know why.

Maybe I should've said something to him.

~ short chapter and cliff hanger lol

- ily all, remember that everyone is valid :D

•Enderbee•