~ 39 ~

Apologies for the late chapter, i forgot it was wednesday lmao

Iris pov

About a week had passed since my father had moved out. Thinking back to that night, everything had happened so suddenly. One tiny argument, probably over something stupid, had led to him leaving.

And he didn't even say goodbye.

That was the worst part, closely followed by the text I received the next morning. I still haven't seen him, and I probably never will be able to. 'I wish you could visit but I'm afraid I live too far now.' What bullshit. He just doesn't want to see me. I'm probably the reason he left.

I looked over to my right, and upon seeing the sleeping figure of Ranboo next to me, I smiled. It had become a habit of sleeping on the floor next to each other every night; he had insisted that he didn't want me to be alone at night in case I needed him. And I had almost believed it for a moment. But then I realized that he mainly just wanted to be around me, probably afraid that we would become distant again.

I sat there for a while, just staring at the wall while random thoughts crossed my mind. Eventually, Ranboo woke up and moved a little closer to me, slowly sitting up before pulling me into a hug and burying his face in my shoulder.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked after he pulled away. The tall boy yawned and rested his head on my shoulder before replying.

"Tired." I suppressed a laugh, assuming that he wasn't fully awake yet.

We stayed silent for a few moments until Ranboo spoke up, his voice quiet. "Iris," he mumbled.

"Yes?"

The tall boy sat up, taking his head off my shoulder to look at my face. He studied my face for a few moments, not saying anything.

"Thank you," he whispered, pulling me into a tight hug.

"For what?" I asked, hugging him back.

"For being my friend. You're such a cool person and I'm so glad I'm able to hang out with you," Ranboo told me. He buried his face in my shoulder, hiding his growing grin. 

I smiled and rested my head on top of his. "You're a great person as well, Ranboo, and I'm so grateful that we met."

Third person pov

The two teens stayed there for a while, enjoying the comfort of each other's arms, and eventually fell back asleep. Meanwhile, Tubbo was playing Minecraft with Tommy.

"Do you think we should-" Tubbo began.

"Ahhhh!" Tommy screamed as he fell into a ravine, hitting the ground.

"Tommy what did you do this time?" Tubbo groaned, reading Tommy's death message in the chat.

"I swear, it's like- like a huge gap opened up in the ground! I was minding my own business, on my way to chop down some trees, and BAM! Out of nowhere, the floor just swallows me whole!" Tommy rambled.

Tubbo chuckled at his friend's desperate attempts to make up an excuse. "Watch where you're going next ti-" Tubbo began, but cut himself off with a screech as he fell into the same ravine. Tommy burst into laughter as he saw Tubbo's death message pop up in chat.

"Hey! It's not funny, I just died with all of the diamonds we've mined so far," Tubbo complained, holding back laughter. Eventually he started giggling as well.

"Tubbo, keep it down, your sister and Ranboo are still sleeping," his mother called from the door.

"Sorry Mum!" Tubbo replied while Tommy, who had heard Tubbo's mother yell at him, burst into a fit of giggles.

~ time skip ~

Ranboo woke up about an hour later, and upon seeing the sleeping teen in his arms, he smiled. "Morning, Iris," he whispered, upon seeing her begin to stir.

"Good morning, Ranboo," was her muffled reply.

"What do you wanna do today? I have about two months left in the UK," Ranboo pointed out.

"Only two?" Iris asked, sitting up quickly.

"Yeah," he confirmed.

"We hafta do something cool today, then!"

Ranboo nodded in agreement, and soon both of them were on their feet and sprinting to the kitchen for a late breakfast.

"I'll just get us some cereal or something, 'kay?" Iris said, quickly pulling two bowls out of the cabinets.
She quickly poured the cereal (followed by the milk) in each bowl and grabbed two spoons before handing one to Ranboo.

The two sat at the kitchen counter for a while, eating their cereal while brainstorming ideas for the day. "Ooh! I have an idea!" Ranboo said after he finished his cereal. "We could hang out with Phil today!"

Iris grinned at her friend's suggestion. "Hell yeah! I haven't seen him in almost a month now."

Once both teens had put their dishes away, they separated and headed to their own rooms to get ready for the day.

After taking a quick shower, Iris pulled on a pair of leggings, a black flared skirt, and a white oversized sweater. She dried her hair and brushed it before brushing her teeth. Checking over her appearance in the mirror, she smiled to herself and grabbed a small black drawstring bag and stuffed her portable charger, a pair of very tangled headphones, and a few other things that she figured she would need. Deciding that she was ready for the day, Iris slung the bag over her shoulder and grabbed her phone before checking over her outfit once more.

Meanwhile, Ranboo, who had taken a shower the night before, threw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, pulled on a hoodie, then proceeded to brush his teeth and tame his rather messy hair. Grabbing his phone, charger, and headphones, Ranboo stuffed everything in his pockets before heading to the kitchen and waiting for Iris.

Once Iris reached the kitchen, Ranboo stood up and slipped on his shoes. Iris slipped on her shoes as well, then ran upstairs and yelled 'bye' to Tubbo, who quickly responded from behind his door. Running back downstairs, Iris flashed a quick smile at Ranboo before swinging open the front door.

~ ily all, make sure you're taking care of yourselves :]

•Enderbee•