chapter 40

After our lovely dinner, we both decided to go to bed. He lay at one end of the bed and thinking that this was the way he wanted it to be I lay at the other side and turned off the bedside lamp.

"What are you doing? Come here. " He wrapped his hands around me pulling me close to his body.

I placed my head on his chest as he stroked my hair.

"Hey-uh tomorrow I'm kind of occupied so you think you'll be okay here alone?" He asked.

"Actually, I wanted to go somewhere as well."

"Okay then. I guess you will be okay."

"Today felt nice. I wish my life was always like this." I said.

"It was nice for me too." He kissed my hair. "I mean it could kind of be similar."

"What do you mean?"

"If you could come over more-"

"Damien-"

"Come on. It would be nice."

"Yeah if my life wasn't as messy as it seems."

He took a strand of my hair and wrapped it around his finger.

"You say that a lot that you have a lot of things going on. Mind telling me what they are?"

"Somethings are better kept secret Damien."

"I guess you're right. I'll keep it light. What's your college major?"

I paused and lifted my head lightly to look at him. "Are you serious?" I asked while laughing lightly.

"Yeah I'm serious. Come on what does the mighty Simonè want to be."

"Well my major is Fashion and Designs and I hope that someday I could work at this place in town."

"Fashion huh? I didn't expect that for sure."

"Let me guess yours is business. You seem like a business guy."

He fake gasped. "I do not seem like a business major and What's wrong with being a business major?"

"So you are a business major?"

"Ugh yes I am. In my final year actually then my parents expect me to start working at their company and some day takeover since my older brother is what they call a disappointment. "

"Final year? Why would you transfer in your final year?"

"Well like you said somethings are best kept a secret." He said lowly and I laughed lightly on his chest.

"You're right. So you're the good kid at home huh?"

"Not precisely the good kid but better than the others. Enough about my boring life. Tell me about the incident. "

"What incident?" I asked in confusion.

"You know the one that was the reason that we weren't talking anymore. "

"Oh the cockblocking." I laughed while recalling it.

"Yes that."

"Oh well I had this guy over and we were watching a movie and when we started to smash and all you called."

"Yeah but why would you pick up my call while you were with someone."

"I really don't know my brain wasn't thinking straight. Either way he was mad and he left saying it was a mistake or something. "

"Damn I did you dirty for real."

"You did." I commented while taking his strand of hair that had fallen into his face and playing with it.

Why did this feel so right? Ugh.