chapter 48

"Well girl I don't know if you know but there was some video of Brent saying shit about Dee and her family which has been trending for God knows how long. So then Dee went to his house and got into a fight with him and cry me a river, yeah they broke up."

"That's terrible? I guess."

"Girl that ain't even the sad part! Dee's mother had her moved to live with her grandmother since all this drama is happening sorrounding their family and she just disappeared like that. I mean think about it, the daughter is literally meant to go to jail but there was no evidence except Brent's video."

"At least she won't suffer the shame."

"Pshhhh Brent will most likely be arrested for "fraud" but don't no body believe that. I heard that Dee's mother  had them put him there for "telling public lies as well as protecting criminals. This whole thing makes me feel like I'm watching my favourite telenovela."

"Damn why wouldn't he just talk?" I emphasised this with adding more curiosity to me voice.

"Apparently his doctors started to see signs of trauma considering the recent incidents he has been involved in. His parent's lawyers ordered that he wasn't in the right state of mind for all that investigation so he's been put in a mental ward for now."

"Trauma?"

"Well yeah one of the guys in my econ class told me that Dee's family has been putting him through this. They assaulted him that night and forced him to record that video. I don't understand why they'd do that but hey if the shoe fits."

"That doesn't make any sense I think maybe he did it and he's got what's coming his way."

"You have to admit he isn't all that bad. Brent never struck me as the type to snitch. Besides the big talk is about Daniel Brown, with them revealing he was a paedophile many girls are coming out with sexual assault cases against him especially since he was a lecturer. Their whole family is in the fucking mud. It's honestly entertaining to see it all happen."

"Damn it sucks to be them! Poor Dee is off on a farm huh."

"Girl, sis must be digging her grave because now that the police have her mother as the lead suspect to her husband's murder, there's no way she's going to survive this one."

"That's so horrible. But I mean how could she have done it. It's her husband."

"I ain't even gonna lie girl, if my man was down on every twenty year old I'd murder his ass too."

I burst out laughing. "Issa! We don't know if these allegations are even true."

"You know I'll always believe the girl. And anyway maybe say they're not true Mr. Brown was one piece of a fine man."

"He's also very much so dead."

"I know but like think about it if he asked to sleep with you how could you say no to that amazing bod?"

I let out a restricted laugh. Oh if only she knew.