chapter 48

There I was sitted on my bed staring at the girl in the mirror. I was proud of who I'd become in a way.

I was always a pushover. I let Dee take advantage of me. My lousy excuse for a boyfriend, Brent, my dad.

But after I had killed him, it's like a new side of me took over. Care free. Edgy. Risky. Fun.

My blood was cold and I was ready to take what I wanted at all costs.

I couldn't say I was sad or even disappointed. I killed a rapist, I exposed a criminal. I was happy. 

After handing over some of the documents in the envelope to the right hands, they gathered a whole lot more of evidence against Ella and her trial was extended.

She had other charges she was facing now including fraud of theft of public funds. Oh politics is so dirty.

My tracks were as clear as day and there is no absolute way I'd be framed for the murder of Daniel Brown.

On the other hand my life was starting to look pretty up for once.

 I had agreed to going on a date with Damien. As I had finished showering the door bell rung and I walked confidently to open it thinking it was Damien because God knows how impatient that boy is.

There was a box there with a white envelope pressed perfectly on top of it. I took it inside and opened the box  first.

I found pictures of Adrian and I then pictures of the investigation of Daniel Brown's death and even a picture of the trash bag containing his body parts floating on water.

There were some documents that I scanned and saw Adrian's name on.

What in the world was going on? I hurriedly tore the envelope and started reading the letter.

Dearest  Simonè Daniels.

My extended greetings. You must read this letter alone and keep it to yourself if you so wish to. Congratulations upon all you've achieved. Killing someone is not easy at all. I should know I've been plotting to kill you for a while now.

I have been watching you for sometime.It's a shame you couldn't open your eyes wider because maybe the you'd have seen me. A needle hidden in hay. Simonè I've been close to you. 

Let me cut this long story very short I'm just saying I know all you've done. The attack of Brentward Williams with your precious boyfriend Adrian Declan, death of Daniel Brown, I even know about the threats you initiated on Dee Brown.

I'm giving you a week. If you can discover who I am then I give you full permission to kill me. If you can't, I expose Adrian to the authorities and we both know your boo is not a good boy at all.

I've noticed you like playing games well what's a game without two. One week from today. Adrian or I. Who will it be?

And remember I'm always watching you.

   Yours truly. ~~

I started to panic and breathe heavily. My phone started to ring loud and everything became spinny.

I passed out. Cold.