Chapter Thirteen: Switcheroo

(a/n) i have returned from the dead

"So..." Catherine tried to break the tension that was in the air. She, Lauren, Camila and Lorenzo were sitting at the breakfast table. They were up hours before everyone else, possibly due to the fact that no one was clearly excited for this little switch-er-roo that was about to happen.

Camila with Catherine.

Lauren with Lorenzo.

Would these two couples survive the day?

Or would it end in bloodshed?

Find out on the next episode of Dragon BallZ.

Since the last session, Camila had barely seen Lauren around. She would wake up way earlier than she needed to, have breakfast before everyone else came down, and she would leave for work by the time Camila had woken up.

Camila's admission in their last session struck a nerve and Lauren wasn't sure about them anymore. Did she still want it to work? She knew what she was doing; avoiding Camila was hurting their family.

Atlas and Celena.

She had barely seen her daughters. She wasn't sure what she would've even said to them to begin with. She was mainly worried about Celena thinking that she had hated her. Truth is, Lauren didn't. She spent Celena's entire life loving her, from the moment she found out Camila was pregnant, how could she even begin to hate her?

But Camila...Camila was another story.

Did their vows not mean anything to her? Was Lauren's love not enough for? How could one day, it doesn't matter the circumstances, how could she willingly give herself up to someone?

How could you hurt the person you claimed you love?

Lauren looked up from her phone and spared a glance at Camila. Her expression was emotionless, and that was enough to tell Camila just how her wife had felt about her.

"I guess we just switch?" Lauren suggested. "It doesn't matter. We can't stand our partners anymore, so it shouldn't be hard to give each other up."

Ouch.

Camila knew Lauren was hurt, but it still didn't stop her from being hurt at the statement.

"Great," Lorenzo muttered. "I guess I'm with you?" He turned his attention to Lauren. "Want to get out of here?"

"Of course," before she left with her sister's husband, she rested her hand on Catherine's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze. "Call me if you need anything, yeah?" The woman nodded, pain in her eyes.

Ever since she found out that there was a possibility that she could be HIV positive, Catherine hadn't been her usual chipper self. She locked herself in her room and she didn't come out for a day. It was only because he son came and managed to convince his mother to get some fresh air. She didn't find the strength as yet to go get tested. She kept replaying what Lorenzo had said constantly in her head.

She kept replaying their wedding day, and how in love he seemed with her.

Was it all just a lie?

How can you go from love to hate so quickly?

How?

Lauren walked off with Lorenzo, not sparing a glance at her wife. They walked in silence as they headed towards Lauren's car. Upon entering the vehicle, Lauren tumbled the engine and drove off. A few more moments in silence; surprisingly, it wasn't as awkward as either of them thought it would be.