Chapter Four: Feliz Navidad

(A/N) Because my sister begged, here's an update 🙄

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noël etc etc.
Y'all got gifts? mbn

***

"I can hear you but I won't,
Some look for trouble while others don't..."

"There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day
And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh
Whoa."

"You're not a voice, you're just a ringing in my ear,
And if I heard you, which I don't, I'm spoken for I fear..."

"Everyone I've ever loved is here within these walls,
I'm sorry, secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls,
I've had my adventure, I don't need something new,
I'm afraid of what I'm risking if I follow you..."

"Now, project your diaphragms," Atlas directed her sister, and younger cousins; Valentina and Valeria. "They all had make shift microphones and were blasting the Frozen 2 theme song."

"INTO THE UNKNOWNNNNN,
INTO THE UNKNOWNNNN,
INTO THE UN-KNOWNNNN," they belted out the highly anticipated part of the song, doubling over in laughter. It was quite obvious that no one could be as insanely talented as Idina Menzel.

"Who the fuck," Maggie yelled loudly as she entered their tv room, "...is singing that annoying ass song." She stopped in her tracks once she saw her nieces and her beloved daughters, laying on the floor giggling to themselves. "Sigh, I should have known it would've been the four of you."

Upon stepping further into the room, she saw her husband who was sitting on the couch, remote control in his hand.

"Hey, babe," he greeted his wife. "Girls, you're a bit pitchy. I feel like you all can do so much better." He snapped his fingers. "Take it from the top, please."

Maggie snorted. "Since when do you know anything about singing? You sound like a tone deaf hyena."

José clutched his chest dramatically. "But...! I recited my vows for you, musically, and you claimed I sounded like Usher."

"You didn't let me finish," the woman rolled her eyes. "Like Usher's.....tone deaf brother."

"Oooh," Atlas wheezed from her place on the ground. "You remind me of a tennis ball, uncle José....because you just got served!" She raised her hand to receive a high five from her older sister, who happily obliged.

Maggie rolled her eyes playfully, as she tried to bite back a laugh. "Your parents are looking for the both of you." She made a gesture with her hand shooing her two nieces. "Valentina, Valeria," she beckoned her two daughters. "Did the two of you make your lists for Santa?"

"Yes, mummy! I want a Barbie doll and an iPad," Valeria said, happily, knowing damn well she was going to get what she wanted. Her parents being crazy rich and what not. "Valentina asked for world peace."

Maggie snorted and stooped to her older daughter's height. "Baby, you have to ask Santa for something realistic." She took Valentina's hands in hers. "What is the one thing that you desire?"

"You're acting as though world peace isn't something attainable, Mags," José scooped up his younger daughter into his arms, placing a kiss on her forehead.

Valentina thought about it for a second, "Can I get to go see Ariana in concert?"

"That you can, baby girl!" Maggie grinned and bopped her daughter on the nose. "I'm sure Santa can get that for you." She stood, taking her daughter's hands in hers. "But, we're going downstairs to help your primas, tios y tias to decorate our Christmas tree."