Chapter Eight: The Jauregui Siblings

"They say that no matter how old you become, when you are with your siblings, you revert back to childhood." – Karen White.

***

There were thirteen Jauregui siblings; seven of which were males and six were females. It was rumoured that their mother had many miscarriages so if all would've survived, most likely there would've been about twenty six of them. Possibly even more.

Twenty six pains in the ass.

Their father was originally from Venezuela with some roots in Germany, and their mother was from France. Both belonged to wealthy families, but ran away from that life and found each other many, many years ago and started their own family.

They had grown up in Caracas, Venezuela where they still live. Some of them had ventured out into the world and furthered themselves academically but they had all found their way back home. Besides their sister Juliette who currently lived in Canada but she would visit from time to time to annoy the life out of her siblings and relatives with her petty drama.

The 'golden' child as everyone saw in the family was Lauren. Although, they all had the same opportunities in life, Lauren had seemed to want more, not just for herself but for her; at the time, her future family as well. Though, her siblings (not all of them) wouldn't mention it, they were jealous of her.

Of her life.

Of her wife; Camila had her faults but you could've genuinely seen the love and admiration she had for Lauren. Camila supported Lauren through all the times she wanted to give up, but she was right there. Pushing Lauren to be the best version of herself that she could've been.

Of her career; Lauren was a prominent attorney and she was good at what she did. Losing very few cases. And even though she had a share in the family business, Lauren's wealth did in fact surpass her siblings'.

Of her children; and despite the minor detail that Celena wasn't Lauren's biological child, compared to her siblings' children both Atlas and Celena were model children. They respected their parents (to an extent, they bitched behind their backs), they did good at school and they didn't bring any shame to the family's name.

Especially Paul. He would never verbally say it, but you could sense his jealously if you had paid close attention. The same went for Catherine.

But no one knew just how much effort Lauren had to put in to becoming the person that her siblings would be jealous of.

No one really knew what happens behind the closed doors.

***

"Good morning, everyone," Lilly greeted her clients once they had settled down and took their respective seats. "Today's session would just be the four of you."

The four of them meaning the Jauregui siblings; Catherine, Paul, Maggie and Lauren. Their respective spouses were either somewhere in the home or they were at work.

"How are you all doing today?" Lilly asked, for politeness and to know if there had been any more issues within the family.

Maggie shrugged. "I'm okay. I can't complain. I mean I can but I won't."

"I've been...fine," Lauren paused trying to find the right word, but truth was, she hasn't been fine for a long time. Ever since Camila had dropped that revelation on her. But Lauren's response didn't go unnoticed by Lilly.

"And what about you Paul and Catherine? How are the two of you doing?" Doctor Singh questioned the others who didn't seem quite interested in the session today, probably locked away in their heads.