Flee | Dream X Reader

Summary: Patience is a gift that only lasts so long

Genre: Angst

Pronouns: None/Gender Neutral

Your heart sank further and further into your chest as you watched the sun slide down the sky and out of view

Your heart sank further and further into your chest as you watched the sun slide down the sky and out of view. He was late. You'd say you were surprised but that would be letting him off easy. This same incident had occurred time and time again, so much that you didn't even bother getting anything set up, you knew he wouldn't show. As you sat solemnly on the couch, gaze casted out the window towards the thick forest, you heard a door somewhere creak open.

"(Y/N), are you in there?" His voice echoed into the living room before he did. His steps were cautious as he walked into view, his eyes falling from your face to your bag.

"Hey, what's with the bag? Is everything ok?" You simply shook your head and stood up, grabbing your bag as you stood.

"I'm going to be staying with a friend for a few days, I need some time to clear my head and sort some things through." You had packed the bag a couple of hours ago, once you realized that he wouldn't be carrying out his promise. Though despite having made your mind up hours ago you still sat and waited, despite what he's put you through you still felt he deserved the courtesy of a face to face message.

"You can clear your head here, I can help. Please I'll do whatever just please don't leave." His voice didn't quite give out, but it was close. It shook and shuddered with fear and nervousness, he couldn't bear the thought of you leaving him.

"That's the thing Dream, you're the problem and I need to step away from you to figure out what I want and what's best for me." You didn't need to look at him to know he was on the verge of tears. Rather you handed him the small, keychain sized, mask charm he had gifted you. With that final, silent message delivered you turned and walked out the door, starting your way towards the only place you could now call home.