Flee Pt2 | Dream X Reader

Summary: Returning home

Genre: Fluff? Maybe, idk

Pronouns: None/Gender Neutral

You were only gone for four days, when you left you had intended to be away for at least a week but you found yourself more and more homesick with each day

You were only gone for four days, when you left you had intended to be away for at least a week but you found yourself more and more homesick with each day. It's funny how one can be homesick when the one place they want to be can't even be called home anymore. That place was nothing more than walls, doors, and emptiness.

Yet here you stood, your bag slung over your shoulder and your hand on the door. With a soft sigh, you opened the door and entered, closing the door behind you and dropping your bag by the door.

"Dream?" The house had been trashed, paintings on the floor, plants strewn about everywhere, chairs, tables, and sofas had been shredded or thrown and shattered. Walking cautiously you headed down the nearby hallway, the mess following the same path as you. There were only a few rooms branching from the hallway but it was easy to see which room Dream was currently hiding out in. All the doors were open except for the door to your shared bedroom, that door remained closed and free from any damage.

Stepping over clutter and other nonsense, you slowly made your way toward the door. Upon reaching the door you froze, were you really ready to face him. Your decision didn't matter as the door was soon whipped open and you were face to face with him, Dream.

"Uh hi how have you been?" He didn't say anything, he just stood there, the eyes of his mask boring holes into yours. Though before you could say anything Dream brought his hand up to your face, softly cupping your cheek. His thumb moved hesitantly across your cheek as the two of you stood there.

"It's really you." His voice was hoarse and quiet, evidence of the fact that he had been crying. Your response was a delicate head nod as you brought your hand upwards to rest atop his.

"I'm here, and I'm ready to talk things out." Hearing those words, Dream didn't hesitate. He quickly brought you into a hug, wrapping his arms around you the best he could.

"Please don't leave again, I'm so sorry. Please, I can't live without you." Light sobs shook his body as he clung to you.

"I know and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon."