Homecoming | P!Tommyinnit X Reader

Summary: Tommy tries to ask you to go to a school dance with him, as friends, but accidentally messes up

Genre: platonic Fluff

Pronouns: They/Them

With the school's homecoming dance coming up it was no surprise that Tommy had been on edge

With the school's homecoming dance coming up it was no surprise that Tommy had been on edge. He was super excited to go to the dance and had even gotten a nice outfit, the only issue was that he didn't want to go alone.

Now there's nothing wrong with going alone, he would just prefer not to. Which leads to where he currently is right now, standing out front of the school waiting for you.

"Tommy!" Your excited voice had snapped the young man to attention. He waved at you and smiled awkwardly.

With you now by his side, he could begin to walk home. It was Friday and every Friday the two of you would hang out at his place and watch a movie or play video games.

"Hey is everything ok, you're oddly quiet?" Tommy stiffened slightly at your question, not wanting to have to spill the beans on his little sob story.

"It's nothing, just tired." You nodded and brushed it off, it happens sometimes, nothing too out of the ordinary.

The walk was mostly silent, only the occasional bit of chatter from you. Though the quiet was enjoyable, at least to you. Tommy was silently drowning in his thoughts, debating what would be the best way to ask you to homecoming without you thinking he was into you.

He simply wanted to go as friends as going alone was no fun, which led him to where he is now. Watching you silently walk beside him as he thought of different conversations and ideas.

Though he ultimately decided to just do it and get it over with, though he couldn't just ask you straight up, he needed to be sure of a few things first.

"So have you gotten your outfit for homecoming next week?"

"Oh about that, I'm not going." A confused expression took over Tommy's face.

"Why not?"

"I don't have anyone to go with and I don't wanna go alone. If I go alone I'll just end up standing awkwardly by the food and drinks all night. I'll be miserable."

"So go with me then." This made you freeze in place, Tommy having to turn around from the suddenness.

"Tommy, listen, you're a cool guy and all but I see you as more of a brother-" Tommy turned beat red and panicked, cutting you off quickly.

"I didn't mean like that! I meant as friends!" His fumbled words and wild hand movements made you laugh.

"Geez, why didn't you just say that? I was actually kinda worried for a moment."

"I didn't think you'd think I meant it like that. I meant we could go as friends, that way neither of us has to go alone." The blonde boy was still freaking out, though he had calmed down a bit.

You were still laughing when you spoke again.

"You don't have anyone either? Is that why you asked me, so you wouldn't look like a loser?" You were only joking, and he knew that, but he played along.

"I am not a loser! If anything you're a loser for not asking me to go with you and choosing to not go." You both were having a full-on laughing fit, going back and forth with calling each other a loser.

Once the two of you had calmed down, you spoke.

"You are really something Tommy, one of a kind indeed."

"I know that's supposed to be an insult but I'm gonna pretend it's a compliment." You faked offense.

"Me, insult you? I'd never."

"Uh-huh, sure. Regardless we should probably get going, we've already spent the last twenty minutes standing here."

"Yeah that's true, I'm sure your mother is wondering where we are."

"Probably. But uh will you go with me?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not. You gotta come with me shopping to find my outfit though." Tommy let out a noise of displeasure, you laughed.

With everything finally sorted out the two of you started walking again, though this time Tommy was a lot more chatty.