6)Unexpected

Barry's Pov:

She kept coming over. Each time we progressed even more. I didn't know if I should tell Lil. I mean what the heck would she say to that? "Oh hey by the way I am dating the most dangerous villain in the metropolis. What you have to say about that? No? Okay." Like seriously what do I say?

Tonight was different she normally came around the same time each night and tonight she was late. She came out of my closet and was holding her side. Shirt.

"Hey... sorry I-I'm late," she huffed out. "Oh God! You're injured." She shook her head left to right.

"No..no I-I'm good." She winced. We both knew she wasn't. Her suit had its zipper in the front and the side. It must be really tight if she had multiple zippers holding it together.

"Lay down you'r injured. I'll be right back." I went into my bathroom to get antiseptic wipes and gauze. When I came out she was unzipping her suit and there she stood in all her glory in her lace undergarments and mask. She had scars and burns along her stomach old fight scars. The new one was a hole in her side which was bleeding. She was losing a lot of blood. I slowly came up to her. "Is it o-okay for me to." I look her up and down and she nodded. I crouched down as she sat on my bed. 

I grabbed the antiseptic wipe and gently applied pressure. She winced and I heard a small hiss. She was silent after that. 

"Don't worry I'll heal it's all good. I'm fine." She tried to assure me but I wasn't so sure. I looked at the piercing and it was already healing. The skin was reattaching itself. I looked at it in disbelief. My mouth fell to the floor and I watched as the final pieces to her skin closed up and she was left with the scar from the piercing.

"All good you see just a small amount of pain. I'm good." I looked up at her. Gosh I loved this girl. Tonight we didn't kiss we just laid in my bed and held one another. I was slowly drifting off and I knew I should stay awake for her sake because she was injured. Or well not anymore but still.

I closed my eyes and just relaxed with her in my arms. She slowly got up I didn't fight her. She slowly put her suit back on and zipped it up. She must have thought I was asleep.

"Goodnight my topolino." With that she was gone.

I snapped up from my bed so fast that I got whip lash. Shirt. Nobody ever called me that. No one except... oh God. I-it can't be.

-------

I was so scared to come to school. I still couldn't process it I still didn't know if I was right or not. She called me topolino(baby mouse) but it was so normal she didn't even realize she blew her cover. 

My brother had to drag me to the car. Wait so all those times he was attacking Night Walker he was attacking Lil? Oh God this just got a whole lot more crazy and complicated.

I entered school and went straight to my locker. I was greeted by my best friend. I was sweating. I had to pull myself together. "Hey whatcha doin, topolino?"

I blushed. CONTROL YOURSELF!!!! "Just getting ready for the start of school." She smirked at me. Oh God it was so similar it must be her. "H-hey where were you last night?" I asked.

She looked confused. "Ugh... my house? Why? What's up with you?" Oh nothing just the fact that we've probably made out and well gotten really close to one another but at school we don't act like that or even know we do that. Or at least I didn't. Shirt. This is forking confusing.

She looked worried. "Are you okay? Has Marcus been acting up on you?" Oh God Marcus hasn't bullied me in a month that's when Night Walker and I were getting close. Did she do or say something to him?

"Hey can I talk to you after school? Maybe somewhere... private?" I was so nervous I didn't know how it sounded. Until I said it in my head and I knew it sounded like I wanted something else.

"Oh. No I didn't mean it like anything naughty or anyt-" "Shut up," she said. "I'll see you after school wanna meet at my house?"

Her house? Ah. No. "Okay. Right after school." I can't believe what I just said. Shirt.

-----

School went by so slow and then I ended up at her front door. "Sup. Come in." She left the door open and I came in. I knew her mom and dad moved out I mean she didn't tell me but my brother and I use to ride around this area. We saw the U-haul truck take her parents and their things and she was left behind.

"Want something to drink?" She had a glass of water in her hands and in one swig it was gone. I gulped. "N-no. I-I am good."

"Is everything okay?" She put her hand on my shoulder and I flinched away. She looked concerned.

"Your her." She looked even more confused.

"I'm sorry who's 'her'?"

"You know what I mean. You're her. I know. Last night I found out," I said.

My hands were sweaty and clammy. I hope I wasn't wrong about my guess. 

Her face got serious. "What makes you think I'm 'her'? What proof do you have?"

"You are the only one to call me topolino. She called me that same name when she thought I couldn't hear it." I hoped this wasn't just some magical coincidence. 

She looked at me then down and then back at me. "If... if I were her?"

"If you were I wouldn't care. I-I don't care." I love you is what I wanted to say but I wasn't a hundred percent sure yet if she was Night Walker I was 99.99% sure but that one percent could mess it all up.

"Yes."

"Yes... what?" I looked her in the eyes this time I was not backing down not now.

"I am night walker." She went into her shadow form and then reappeared. She looked down and then slowly lifted her eyes to me.

"I understand... if you don't want me if yo-" Before she could finish the sentence I placed my lips on her hers. Yep she was definitely Night Walker.

She was shocked for a moment and then she kissed me back gently and sweet. I was in love with my best friend and a super villain. Lilith Rosethorn and Night Walker in one.

-----

I got home and the smile on my face triumphed all the miserable homework I set aside. Not knowing if she was Night Walker stressed me out and finally finding out made me feel ten times better.

"Hey kiddo what's got you in a blushy mood?" My dad teased. "I am now taken." Everyone looked up from the table in complete shock. The food fell out of my brother's mouth. Nice.

My mother looked calm yet concerned. "And who is this lovely girl?" I was nervous but it was too late and I wasn't ashamed of her I knew I loved her even if I hadn't said it yet.

"Lilith." With that everyone's mouths dropped open. We are not fish people I swear. I nodded my head. Yep I just said it. I continued to eat my dinner and the take a gulp of water.

"Well then we should have dinner with her don't you think Ted?" My mom looked to my father. He nodded in agreement. "On Saturday? I got the day off on that day." My dad worked six days a week. He made more money coming in on the weekend when nobody else wanted to.

"Lil isn't that social mom. She's more reserved." I knew Lil wouldn't want to do this but hey were dating suck it up. Right?

"Doesn't matter honey we want to see her and actually talk to her."

Shirt.