7) Dinner Party

Lilith's Pov:

"No." I began to walk away when Barry grabbed my wrist. "Please it will be only one night and never again. Promise."

The things I do for this man.

"Okay. Four hours then I'll leave, okay." He smiled and kissed me on the cheek. We were in the halls of our high school and now everyone's attention came to me and Barry. All shocked he just kissed me and walked over to his AP history class while I headed to my stupid art class.

Don't get me wrong I didn't hate art. I just hated I wasn't with him in art.

-----

Friday came and went and it was the day of heading to meet his family.

I am freaking Night Walker and I am scared of meeting a couple of parents when I literally kill and fight part time. I only killed twice if you must know. It happened when I was young and naive thinking allies didn't have goons. Two guys tried to "get" me and by get I mean rape. I killed them and I don't regret it either. Sue me.

Barry said I had to dress fancy. I didn't get why but apparently his parents lived for having people over and wearing their best clothes.

Despite what I normally would wear I found a long sleeve conservative dress with a slit down the left side

Despite what I normally would wear I found a long sleeve conservative dress with a slit down the left side. I got matching shoes and a small purse to match. MY brother Randy showed up. Randy was known as Acidic. He could create chemicals and launch dangerous chemicals from his hands. We are total opposites him being 23 and bubbly and me being 17 and hating everyone. He was a villain as well but he was a happy villain.

I'm thinking too much. "You look good sis." I know. "When are you leaving?" He stood at my apartment because mom and dad believe it or not wanted nothing to do with him either. "Tonight I actually called my cab a few minutes ago. I'm heading back to California." I kiss him on the cheek and then he was gone.

Before I could think anymore the door was knocked.

Barry stood their in a dress shirt and slacks. He looked good. His buttons were all the way up and being me I took the first two buttons apart. He smiled and off we went. I couldn't use my shadows to arrive and I couldn't drive my Harley in this dress. 

I originally thought this would just be his father, mother, and Jack. This was a whole party. I saw grandparents and uncles and aunts. I looked at Barry his eyes going wide as he pulled up to his house.

"What the heck? I didn't know they would bring the whole lot of them? Friends to I see."

Shit. "Are all of them supers?" I glance at him in my peripheral. "Some. Only my mom's side."

I sat in the car as he got out and mustered all my social strength for this. He came around my side and opened the door and took my hand in his as we made our way to the "small gathering" as he put it the other day.