Chapter 16

Caspian's POV

We all piled into our designated cars. El followed me into my dad's car and I watched as she scooted across the seat to the window. I slid in next to her and she smiled. As we were about to leave when James came running up to our car. He knocked on the window and I rolled it down.

"Hey man, can I catch a ride back with you? There is no room in mine since Bucky is riding with them."

"Sure, hop in", he opened the door and squished in next to me, pushing my body up against El's. She continued to look out the window as if nothing had happened. I wonder what was flashing through her mind. Finding out that her father is an ex-HYDRA agent is going to be hard to explain but tell her that she is from the 1930s is going to be even harder for her to wrap her hard around that.

The car was riding smooth until it shrieked to a sudden stop. We all looked up and groaned. Leave it to the Avengers to cause a traffic blockage in the middle of the road.

El's POV

The trip was going smooth. I had a lovely time staring blankly out the window watching the buildings pass by when all of a sudden, the car came to halt. Flinging my body forward, I rammed my head against the seat in front of me. That was going to leave a mark for sure. Rubbing my forehead, I glanced over at Caspian, only to see concern in his face. I gave a smile, as if saying I'm ok when really my head is pounding. Looking at the road, I see the traffic that is backed up. I sunk into the seat, slightly resting my head on Caspian's shoulder. He ignored it, assuming that I was tired after all the events that happened today.

"Sorry kids, looks like we're going to be stuck here for a little bit", Clint apologized.

"What if you took the next right? I've been here before and I know how to get past this", everyone looked at me and Clint nodded. The car jumped up on the sidewalk and turned down the side road. Boarded up windows and gated doors lined both sides of the road. Clint locked the doors and started picking up speed. We reached the end of the road that lead to a traffic-free road. The tension vanished as we pulled into the STARK tower driveway.

Stark's garage was full of expensive cars and motorcycles. He loved spending money, and it was obvious. By the time we reached the end of the garage to get to the elevator, I counted 5 Ferraris, 6 Roles Ross and 10 Harley Davidson motorcycles and that wasn't even all of them! We piled into the elevator and the next thing I know, we are 30 stories above New York City.