Chapter 18

Caspian's POV

All of us are getting ready for our dates. We set up a group date at the local theatre, followed by dinner at some fancy restaurant that Jaxon set up. I glance at myself in the mirror once more before heading out to the garage to grab my car. I had no clue why we were even still with these girls, we didn't like them, besides Jason and his girl. Jaxon has just been dragging this on from the very start. I adjust the collar of my jacket as I approach the elevator, meeting Dimitri and Bryan on the way down to the garage.

Walking in between them, I try to strike up a conversation. "So, are you ready for another date with them?" They both glance at me, not impressed with this whole situation.

"Man, why does he keep doing this to us?" Bryce leans against the glass wall, arms crossed and breathing deep under his breath.

"Just because he likes one girl, does not mean that we should all have to suffer through this." Dimitri mimics Bryan's posture on the opposite side of the elevator. I just stand in the middle, shaking my head. No one knew what was going on in Jaxon's mind, he was just like his father.

- - - - - - - - - - -

We pull up along the sidewalk, our arrange of cars lining the rows of apartment complexes. I swing open the from door, and follow Jaxon as he walks up the front steps and knocks on the girl's apartment door. It opens right away, and we are greeted by 5 smiling faces.

"Come on in boys, we are almost set to go." Jaxon's girlfriend, Tabatha, opens the door wider and lets us in. This is the first time that we have ever entered their house, which is a bit odd.

Since I am the last one in, I close the door behind me and I notice the abundance of locks that were on the back of the door. Normally there was about 2 or 3, but there had to have been about 7 or 8. Why would a group of girls need that many locks on their front door? Turning away, I walk over to where the boys were in the living room.

"Um, guys. Is it possible to ask a favour of you guys?" Tabby had walked back in and asked. She was dressed head to toe in a long black dress, with ruby red earrings

Jaxon stood up and approached her. "Sure, what do you need us to do?"

"Can you all run downstairs and bring up the boxes that are sitting on the floor. We are bringing some of our old clothes to the donation bins, and the boxes are just to heavy for us to lift." A strange smile had crossed her face, but Jason paid no attention to it.

"Of corse. Let's go boys. We don't want these pretty ladies to injure themselves now do we?" For me, I didn't really care, but we all flooded Jaxon's command and began defending down the basement stairs.

"I can't see anything down here guys, try and feel around for a light switch." We followed James's orders and started running our hands along the walls. I came across something that felt like a switch, and flicked it on. Lights began to flicker on the ceiling, only to reveal a sort of lab downstairs.

"What the hell is going on man? I thought we were just bringing some boxes of clothing upstairs." Bryan starts questioning Jaxon.

"Well, ya. Or at least that's what Tabby had said. But what is all of this stuff?"

We begin exploring the lab equipment, when all of a sudden, the lights shut off.

Dimitri is the first to yell at one of us to turn the lights on. I try to find the switch again, but then we all hear the sudden slam of the door, and the sound of the locks clicking shut. Jaxon runs up the stairs and starts pounding his fists on the door.

"Tabby! Open the damn door! What the hell is going on?"

I feel a chill climb up my back, as the presence of human breath begins running down the back of my neck.

"Oh, well sweet heart, you may have to go and cancel those plans now. You see, you may be a bit tied up and won't make the time..."