Chapter 29

El's POV

After exiting the conference room, I feel drained and exhausted. My brain must be working on overdrive in order to help me remember what happened in my past. Until I figure it out, I decide that instead of going to training, a nap would be better.

Approaching my room, I swipe my card and wait patently for the door to open. Walking in, the door closes behind me, or so I thought. A loud thud stops the door from shutting, and turing around, I see Caspian standing in the doorway with his arms folded across his chest. With me standing there confused, he decided to enter my room and approach me. Pushing aside some of my hair bending my ear, he began speaking softly.

"After what happened, I want to make sure that you were OK." I nodded in response, ducking my head away from his hand.

"I'm OK, just a bit tired." I began turning away from him, but Caspian grabs my wrist and spins me around. I crash into his chest and he wraps his arms around my body. Warm foods through me as I put my arms behind me. He bends down to my ear and whispers,"Listen to me carefully El, something bad is going on, but I'm not suppose to tell you." I push away from his chest and give him a questioning look.

"So you came here to tell me something top secret, and not actually comfort me?" I shove my hands into him and walk over to my bed, landing with a thug on the covers.

"Yes and no. But El, I need you to listen to me, your'e not safe here."

"First I'm not safe in my house, and now I'm not safe in the most secure freaking building there is?!" Grabbing a pillow, I scream into it. Once finished, I peel the pillow from my face and find that Caspian sitting on my bedside waiting patiently for me to finish. Groaning, I try to put the pillow back over my face, but he stops me before I can. Sighing, I look into his eyes only to find that they shine with a hint of gold, almost like fire dancing across his eyes. Without noticing, my hand finds his face and rests along his jaw line. His face inches closer to mine, lips parting, which rest ever-so carefully on mine.