Chapter 7

Caspian's POV

We regrouped dressed in our uniforms. Mine consisting of a black fire proof suit with orange, yellow and red ribbon-like accents draped down the arms that wrapped around my torso. The others were dressed in their suits as well. We looked as if we belonged in a circus, with the mismatched colours of outfits.

Fury led us outside, only to get blinded by snow. The last time I checked, it was clear and sunny, so where did all of this snow come from? Off in the distance, flashes of lightning occurred. Snow AND lightning?! I tried to light the way with my fire but it was not use. Through the blasting snow we could see a faint outline of someone in white holding a pole. Thor attempted to get closer when all of a sudden his hammer flew out of his hand and towards the figure. It fell over and the weather turned back to normal. We all ran up to see what Thor hit, and lying on the tip of the helcarrier was El, knocked unconscious by Thor's hammer.

"What the hell did you do!?" Fury was pissed as El was his responsibility. He was the one who promised her foster parents, who knew about her powers, that he would take care of her. As I walked closer to her, she was wearing the remains of a charred agent uniform. "Caspian, pick her up and bring her onto the jet. Were bringing her back home until some of you know how to handle your powers, THOR!"

Everyone headed to the jet as I gently picked up El's unconscious body and brought her to the jet as well. I began to take off my jacket and dropped it over her sleeping body. Poor girl, she had no idea what she was about to get herself into.

Chapter 8

El's POV

The morning sun shone through a window, obvious that it was morning wherever I was. When I finally have enough energy to sit up, I realize that I'm on the couch in the living room. A strange feeling flashes across my brain then suddenly disappears. Did I really have powers? Is that why I was enrolled in that school? I pushed the blanket off my body only to reveal my pyjama's consisting of a sports bra and boxer shorts. I shrugged at my apparel and walked into the kitchen.

Not caring what I looked like, I walked into the kitchen, said morning to my family, grabbed some bread and stuffed it into the toaster.I continued to stare at the toaster waiting for my toast to pop up, forgetting my appearance to my family behind me. My toast popped up, I smeared strawberry jelly on it and began to munch on it, continuing to look at the wall. My father cleared his throat, louder than usually. I spun around on my heels, with my toast in hand and came face to face with the Avengers and sons. Of corse, the sons were eyeing my appearance, while the others just stood there starring at me. Heat rose in my cheeks as I rushed out of the kitchen and into my room, slamming the door behind me. I threw myself on my bed, rolled to my back and continued to finish my toast. Why did I have to be such an embarrassment infant of cute guys? I could hear the doorbell go off in the distance, and my parents let whoever it was into my house.

"Ugh, why is this happening to me?" I planned to stay in my room until the guests left, but Grant comes to my room shortly after my fiasco.

*knock*knock*

"El, can I come in? I need to talk to you about something".

He takes my silence as an answer, and carefully walks in and sits next to me on my bed. I sat up next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. Sighing, my father started talking first.

"El, do you remember how we got you?"

"Well,ya. I appeared on the front door steps when I was born. Katie just happened to be coming home from the grocery store that night, and had found me bundled up on the steps. You said that you had no choice but to take me in as one of your own."

"Exactly, that's what we have been telling you, but there is something that we left out from that night."

"Wait. What do you mean?"

"Yes, we did find you on the steps like we told you, and you had that strange note tied around your body. What we didn't tell you is that there was a second half to the note..."

"A second half? But how come i've only known about the one half?"

"Katie and I thought that you would not be able to handle it until you were older. But now since you are oiler, we have both decided to give it to you." I starred at him as he withdraws an envelope from his pocket and places it in my hands. I slide my finger along the seal and gently pull out the letter. Inside, written in calligraphy, is a letter, addressed by only who I can assume as my mother before she had left me.

To whomever takes our daughter,

Please take care of our only daughter until further notice. Her name is Eloise Marie Barnes, and she was born on February 1st, 1950. For over the past 50 years, she has been cryogenically frozen and kept hidden from all other life. Her father does not know about her and probably never will. She has been tested on with a variety of chemicals, and I have heard them talk about how she has adapted powers. Please be careful of who you come into contact with. She is alive today only because I was able to sneak her out before they got to her. Please keep her safe, she is the only thing that I have left.

Sincerely

-Annabeth Clark

"Um...Ok. So iI have my mothers least name, and I have no clue who my father is?  Can I have a little bit of time to process this?"

"Of corse darling, take as long as you need. I'll be down in the kitchen with everyone else. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. We are all here to help you."

With that, my father left my room and I flopped back to my original position on my bed. So I'm a genetically modified girl with no parents, now all I need is a lot of money and I'll be Batman. Should I pack up and live with the Avengers or stay home and live normal life?

"I need a milkshake, then I'll make my decision" I mumble to myself, I begin to put on my large black and white hoodie with a large 'A' (the Avenger logo, but she does not know that) on it and a pair of jean shorts. I grab my white converse and start to climb down my window. Being on the second floor, it's a bit harder to get to the ground, but since I am small I am able to shimmy down the tree next to my window. I make it to the end of the branch overhang and jump. Not my best idea since I landed right on my leg. There was no pain, and when I looked at my leg I saw blue markings around where it hurt, then it disappeared. My powers just keep getting better and better. I brushed the dirt from my shorts and headed towards the diner.