Chapter 4

The dean ushered everyone to their second class and made me stay in the gym with "The Avengers". They all glared at me then turned to each other in a group huddle. I took their whispering as an advantage, took my phone out and plugged my headphones in, blarring my music.

I was rudely interrupted by a tap on the shoulder before I could finish the song. I turned to see the pirate glaring at me. "What?" I asked, but he just continued to glare so I went back to my music. I looked over and saw that he went back to the group huddle. Pondering to myself in my head I said "I wonder if they could hear me? Probably not." I slowly got up from my seat on the bleachers, grabbed my bag,  and tip-toed to the exit doors. I slip out unnoticed and continue down the hall. I was leaving this crazy school and getting transferred to Scott's school, ASAP. I pull out my phone and begin a text to send to Scott, but not before I get a strange feeling that someone was following me. I turned around, but there was no one there. I continued to the front school doors, but then out of nowhere, one of the boys that had been sitting with the Avengers appears, grabs me and teleports us back to the gym.

I felt a bit fuzzy when we appear back in the gym. "Get your hands off of me!" I yell, pushing the guy off me. I watch as he flies back toward the wall. Where did that come from!? Instead of standing there pondering it, I run to the top of the bleachers. I was shaking like a crazy-man, as my mind was trying to process what just happened. The boy picked himself up from the ground and joined the others in their intense conversation. While they were talking, I was still trying to figure out what is happening to me. First electricity from my fingertips and now super strength? Maybe I do have powers? Wait, no I don't, I'm just a normal girl, who grew up with a normal family. I'm able to send Scott a text stating:

Please help. This school is for the nuts, not the smart. Pick me up ASAP.🙀

He replies within seconds.

It can't be that bad. Make new friends. You'll be fine, I'll pick you up once school is done and we can talk then. TTYL👋🏼

I shake my head. Why can't he understand that this school is crazy, and I need to get out of here right now?! So many thoughts were swirling in my head, the next thing I know the lady in the jumpsuit is kneeling over me asking if I was alright.

"What are you talking about?" My head was throbbing, so I'm guessing I fainted which is not uncommon for me this past year. It's actually been happening more and more, the faint blackouts in my room, and trying to control them when I'm in public. Obviously I let my guard down today, of all days. 

"You passed out at the top of the bleachers and Steve carried you down here so we could see if you were all right. As far as we can tell, you have a slight bump on your head from where your head hit the floor." 

The woman goes towards the man in the brown leather jacket, who I figured was Steve, and judging from how they close they are, they appear to be married (or something along those lines). 

The pirate steps forward and starts to speak, "I'm Nick Fury from S.H.I.E.L.D, from what we can tell you are just starting to come into your powers, and they are a lot stronger than anyone's here. Who are your parents? Are you gaining their powers?" My head began to spin again with all the questions he was asking. I think the boy who brought me back here starts to notice as he kneels down to my level and helps me to a standing position. He receives a glare from Nick, so he leaves my side and quickly joins the other boys. "Please answer my questions. What is your name?" Nick was still asking questions, not realizing how ill I felt and probably appeared.

"My...my name is Eloise Marie...Clark, but I..ummm..go by El. I'm apart of the...ahh..foster system so I don't know who my parents are." With my head throbbing getting louder, I grab the closest thing to me so I could lean on for support. Looking up, I see the man that walked in wearing the red cape, which I was using as a support to stop me from fainting again. He did not seem to care and continued to listen as the others talked. The voices were getting fuzzier and muffled, but from what I could hear before I passed out again was, "She looks a bit like him, doesn't she?"