26 | 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

atsushi pov
"AKUTAGAWAAA!" out of pure rage i lunged at him but was quickly deflected by a shield, so i turned my body to blow a kick only for it to be stopped by one of rashōmon's tendrils.

atsushi pov"AKUTAGAWAAA!" out of pure rage i lunged at him but was quickly deflected by a shield, so i turned my body to blow a kick only for it to be stopped by one of rashōmon's tendrils

"looks like your acrobatic skills improved, were-tiger."

"why are you here, akutagawa." i said lowly.

his eyes maniacally widened, "to kill you."

"don't you understand what situation we're in right now?! moby dick is on the verge of crashing into the city! we'll both lose our homes!" i let out an exasperated breath. "you're really hard to understand."

"i don't remember ever asking you for your understanding." he scoffed.

'seriously this guy...'

"oh dear." dazai sighed through the earpiece.
"akutagawa-kun still has a terrible habit of being a lone wolf. can't be helped then. atsushi-kun, we don't have time for him. charge ahead."

"but dazai-san..."

"don't worry. just do as i say and you'll make it."

"...i got it." i hesitated a little, and made eye-contact with akutagawa who's already staring at me with an uninterested gaze.

"akutagawa." i removed my earpiece, "i'm currently on the line with dazai-san. he said he wants to talk to you."

just as i had said that, a look of shock crossed his face. i threw the earpiece to my left where it fell all the way down the pit.

"DAZAI-SAAAAAN!!!" akutagawa yelled, going after the earpiece. i took my chance and set off.

"dazai-san?" akutagawa called, finally having caugh it, only to hear the sound of a beep.

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

3rd person pov
"hurry up steinbeck, or we'll be crushed too along with the whole of yokohama." mark twain, one of the guild's snipers, said as they drove through the road to make their escape.

"yeah yeah." steinbeck rolled his eyes as he sped up the car. they soon entered a long, dark tunnel.

"the fall of moby dick... huh." he thought. "well once that's done, we'll have to-"

'shliiiiiiiiiiiiiickkk~'

"wha-? did you guys hear that?" just as they were reaching the end of the tunnel, their car had slowed down.