27 | 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

3rd person pov
somewhere inside a cargo aircraft sat kyouka, who was bound to chains inside a cage - to be brought to the Special Division Department in order to monitor her.

3rd person povsomewhere inside a cargo aircraft sat kyouka, who was bound to chains inside a cage - to be brought to the Special Division Department in order to monitor her

"hey, kyouka-chan, can you hear me?" a familiar voice spoke through the intercomms. "it's me dazai. i got a hold of the special division, we're bringing you back to ground level for now. in the meantime, i'm going to teach you how to pilot that drone. first you take the control stick-"

"no thanks." kyouka weakly replied, her forehead resting against the back of her hands which were propped on her knees.

there was a short period of silence before dazai spoke again with a sigh

there was a short period of silence before dazai spoke again with a sigh. "to be honest, the agency doesn't have a reason to save you. that's because you aren't an official member yet. there's an entry exam you need to take before becoming a member, and you have yet to pass it. it's a test to see if you have the heart and strength to help even complete strangers."

"i..." kyouka grimaces, as she recalls the day of her first mission where she pointed a taser gun at a man with no hesitation - not caring for his well-being, and when she slashed an officer's shoulder on instinct for her own gain. "i don't think i'd pass..."

dazai, as if completely reading her thoughts, frowned. "i don't like that one bit." he lectured. ""a former killer isn't qualified to become a good person." do you really believe that?"

just as he had said that, a certain someone crossed his mind.

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

y/n pov
okay now you said you have no qualms about meeting akutagawa again, but this isn't how you imagined it to go - not with you four inside the freight elevator as the man in black glared daggers into your soul.

as to how it got here, your mini reunion was cut short when fitzgerald awoke not long ago, immediately exchanging blows with atsushi and akutagawa.