Chapter 6: Goldsmith

"Kal I'm going to need you and a whole lot of flour!" I yell bursting into the bakery. Mrs.Bager  comes from behind the counter with confusion and concern written across her face.

"Opal, what is the meaning of this?" She says with her brows slightly furrowed.

"Abiba has been abducted," I say tensely. Her eyes widen in horror before collecting herself and speaking. 

"B-but how is that possi-"

"An old peer of mine has a grudge against me for something that I had done in the past. In return, he has abducted Abiba and heaven knows what will happen to her if I keep waiting around and don't take action." I say while balling my fists in anger.

"Kal!" I call out before walking away from Mrs.Bager and into the back of the bakery. There I find Kal with flour all over his apron and his hands deep in a pile of dough. He turns to me with a surprised look.

"Opal, what brings you here?" He asks with a dense look across his face. Without warning, I grab his arm and drag him out of the kitchen and into the front. He protests but before he can say another word I plant my hands on his shoulders and look him dead in the eye.

"I need your help, my friend has been abducted and I need someone to find the man who took her," I say earnestly. He just stares at me with a dubious expression before gulping and tensing his shoulders.

"I-If I help you can you promise I won't die?" I lower my eyes thinking before loosening my grip from around his shoulders. I can't promise that he won't get hurt but I'll do all that I can to make sure he doesn't find himself in deaths clutches.

"W-well I will do all that I can to make sure that you come out of this alive," I say uncertain of my own words. He steps back and looks at me before eventually sighing and throwing his hands in the air.

"Oh what the heck, what are friends if they're are not useful," He says with a sly grin.

***

"I understand that bounty endeavours can be quite dangerous which is why I am requesting a weapon for me to wield." I turn around scrunching my face at him before turning back to my closet. We've been in my room for the past 4 hours trying to create a plan while trying to figure out where the hell Olen could be hiding.

Pulling out a heavy chest from the closet and dragging it across the wooden floor I drop to my knees and fling the top open. Inside the chest reveals a cornucopia of weapons that I seldom use. I usually just keep these for extra measure or if I feel like switching it up once in a while but for the most part they just stay here all year round collecting dust.

"You are free to choose whatever seems fit." I say with an unconcerned wave of my hand. He saunters over to the chest as I get up and walk over to my bed. There the letter lies with the scarlet owl seal staring back at. Time is of the essence and if I am unable to find Abiba in time who knows what he may do to her.

"This seams neat." I turn around to see Kal holding up two twin daggers. I raise my brows at him staring at the daggers leerily.

"Do you know how to wield those?"

"Of course I do!" He says scoffing before standing up and gripping the two daggers in his hand. He begins to crane his neck from side to side and stretching his arms.

"Watch this." He says smugly before focusing his attention on the wall and throwing the daggers. I watch as they bounce off the wall and fall onto the ground. I try to hold in a laugh at his meagre attempt but end up spilling while covering my mouth. He stares at the fallen daggers like he couldn't believe he had failed.