A letter to you.

Dear Kalakuta

It has been a fortnight since that fated day and ever since my combat with Olen I have rebuked my very own power in light of a better future. I myself understand that my actions that day were not only fueled by guilt but the need to fulfill one's last wish. For the entirety of my life, I have only brought pain to others with my power and killing Olen due to his wish of finally being at peace indeed was a selfish act on my part but I cannot lie and say that I did not feel good at fulfilling someones dying wish. 

After we found Abiba tied up in that cave deep in the forest I knew that my days of being a bounty hunter were over. I couldn't bear to think that if the outcomes were different she could have been in Olen's place lying 6 feet underground. 

Even though I have chosen to leave the life of a bounty hunter does not mean I will ignore wrongdoers nor protect those in need. I need you to understand that my sudden disappearance was not due to me in search of a better life but more as a do-over, a way for me to restart. 

I ensure you regardless of where I find myself in this life our paths will cross once again one day and when that day comes I expect you to know how to wield those twin daggers. 

Sincerely,

Opal.

(Make sure to comment and leave a like 😁)

Hope y'all enjoyed the story! Might do more short stories like this cause this was really fun to write!