Eyes in the Rain

Ukraine's POV

It's been two days, and the storm still hasn't let up. The rains and winds have been too strong for me to go out and meet Nada. We talked about it over the phone, but we couldn't really do anything about it yet.

Our dad was still at home, but didn't really mind us much. We could go on with our day and he wouldn't notice us.

There were some news reports about random civilians attacking people and such, but I scrolled past them. It's not like they were relevant, anyway.

I spent most of the day either scrolling through my phone or playing on my console. It's not like there was much else to do anyway. There weren't any interesting books at home that I haven't read yet, and the internet was down bad enough for Netflix to stop working.

I went down to the kitchen. There were still slight remnants of smoke surrounding it. As I go grab something from the fridge, I notice something strange. What looks like two purple orbs in the rain outside. But they disappeared as quickly as I had seen them, so I figured it might be my imagination.

But I didn't completely ignore it.

"Hey Nada?"

"Why'd you call"

"I saw eyes."

"Uhh...?"

Shit I just realized I gave no context. Well that's awkward.

I explained the thing I had seen on the street a couple days ago, and the violently purple eyes it had, then what happened in the kitchen.

"Well do you think it could be related to our shooter case?"

"I don't exactly know..."

We decided to look further into it on our next actual meet-up. For now, we can only guess.

"Talkin' to your boyfriend, huh?~"

"Shut up, he's not my boyfriend."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure he is~"

"Bel, leave him alone."

"Not until he admits that he and America are dating!"

"You're one to talk."

"What did'ya say?"

"What about that New Zealand girl. You've been hanging around her an awful lot."

"I- UGHH."

"No answer, huh?"

"Shut up."

I went downstairs to handle Bel and Russia's bickering. I guess this could wait.

OMIGOD I'm so sorry for such a short chapter, I have literally zero motivation and inspiration right now. Hopefully they come back soon 🥲. Anyway, if any of my irl friends are reading this, istfg I will kill you.

-Sparks <3