Chapter 3

You were visiting your mother. She lived in a significantly poor area of the city. You constantly sent her money in hopes that she would utilize it to move to somewhere better, but she never did. She always spent money on alcohol instead of important things. Whenever you would go, you would bring her food. you couldn't stand looking at her emaciated body. Knowing you gave her money also put your mind at ease. She would probably die without you.

You didn't blame your mother for her addiction. It was the medication. It turned her into a mindless zombie, so she drank to feel. You pitied her slightly. It was your father that did this to her. Where was he now? Dead, alive. It didn't matter all you knew was you hated him for what he did.

You arrived with food and her medication. Using your key, you unlocked the door and went inside. The house, if you could call it that, was dark and always smelt of alcohol and mold. Like most days your mother was sitting in her chair looking off into space. The Alcohol bottles surrounded the chair stank up the place.

"Mum, I'm here," you said. Your mother didn't even raise her gaze. It upset you that she no longer talked to you or acted as a motherly figure. But you were glad she was still alive. One of your friends said it was selfish keeping a shell of a woman alive but you ignored them. Well, you pretended to anyway. In the back of your mind, You did feel guilty. You asked yourself a lot was this what she wants, to live? You honestly Weren't sure as when you stared into her eyes they almost seemed already dead.

You placed the bag of food on the table and started to unpack it. In the bag, some meals were already prepared. She didn't have to heat them up as you could eat them cold. You didn't trust her with an oven, that's why you have it disconnected from the gas.

"Mum it's time to eat," you smiled at her, but there was no response. You knelt in front of her and placed the food on her lap. This is when she finally moved and started to eat. You smiled as it made you happy to see her eating. Your mother knew the routine every week you would come once or twice to bring her food. She would eat whilst you cleaned the house for her. After she had finished eating, you would bathe her. You would Then talk to her for a while. Then you would leave. You had been looking after your mum this way ever since you could remember.People say that she should be in a care home and you agree but you, unfortunately, don't have the funds for that so this had to be done.

The first thing you did was change her bedsheets and put the old ones in the wash. You also picked up any dirty clothes on the floor and threw them in the Wash too. After that, you moved to cleaning up any rubbish on the floor and vacuuming. By the time your mum had finished eating you had finished cleaning. It was time for her bath

You headed over to her chair and helped her up. She still stared into space whilst you helped her walk into the bathroom. The bathroom was small so bath time was rather difficult but you always made sure she was clean. You had already run the bath. So all you had to do was get her in the bath and bathe her, that was easier said than done.

It all went smoothly, and you were actually about to leave. You had told your mum about Sangwoo and what happened outside his house. You knew she probably wasn't listening, but it was nice to have someone to talk to.

"I love you" you said hugging her tightly. You heard your mother grunt which made you almost cry from happiness. Your mother barely ever made noises, so this was special. You would cherish this moment forever.

you left and started to make your way home when you were stopped just meters away from your mother's house. "Excuse me, have you seen a boy. He's short and scrawny looking. He also has dark hair and is almost always wearing a green jacket," an older-looking woman said. Alarm bells started to ring In your head

- Green coat
- Dark hair
Short and scrawny

It sounded like the guy that went into Sangwoo's house and now he's missing. It could merely be a coincidence or the woman could be talking about a different guy but it made you feel slightly sick. Like you had seen something you weren't supposed to.

"Sorry, no I haven't" you lied "what was his name?" you asked "Yoonbum," the elderly woman said. "Well, I'll keep an eye out. Have a good afternoon," you smiled wearily. "Thank you, and you too" the woman replied before you quickly dashed out of there.

"It's just a coincidence, there's no point in You getting involved y/n"

***

A basic Explanation of Y/n's mum:

Y/n's father was very abusive to her mother. physically. mentally, and sexually. A big event happed and he left. This event left y/n mother trumatised and she had to seek help. Y/n was about 15 at the time.

Y/n's mother was prescribed pills that basically left her like a zombie. She lives in Her head unable to communicate with the outside word. The reason she can't communicate Is because the event was so trumatic it caused her to loose the ability to talk. Or in other words she felt like she couldn't. Living in her head means she is very out of touch with the world and often she looks like she is staring into space.

Another thing is the reason why y/n doesn't like silence or one way conversation is because of her mother's inability to talk.

A/n: I'm sorry if I triggered anyone in this chapter or brought back memories that people didn't want to think about. I just wanted to give a bit of information on what  family life is like for you/ y/n in this story.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed

Mel~