Chapter 13

Quick and heavy footsteps could be heard coming towards you. Sangwoo was still soaking wet, you could see his toned upper body through his wet shirt and his hair was dripping slightly. He carried towels in with him. The towels however fell to the ground as he knelt down next to you And scooped up Yoonbum. "What have I done?" he muttered. "WHAT HAVE I DONE?" you jumped slightly at his sudden shouting. You had always hated shouting, ever since you were a child, the only things you hated more were others crying or the absence of a voice.

It seemed to be your lucky day as right next to you was a crying Sangwoo, you were unsure whether his tears were real. All you knew was that you had to consol him before you yourself started to cry too. It didn't matter if you weren't too affected by Yoonbum's death, Sangwoo's tears would ultimately make you cry.

You racked your brains for something, anything to say to make him feel better, but nothing really came to mind. So you did the only thing you could think of, hug him. You decided to hug him from the back, so your arms were wrapped around his torso and your front touched his back. Like Sangwoo, your front was now soaked from the rain, you didn't mind though as Sangwoo's crying calmed slightly.

This was the first time you had ever really heard a man cry, well except your father. He would fake cry and promise to never hit your mother again, only to repeat the same routine a couple of days later after he abused her once again. It isn't that men aren't allowed to cry, it was just that men seem to bottle things up until breaking point. This seemed to be Sangwoo's breaking point.

The hug was rather nice, despite you both being drenched in rain. Your face rested against his back, letting you take in the intoxicating smell of cigarettes and cologne. Your eyes were closed as you tried to hold onto the moment just a little longer. You weren't delusional, you were fully aware of your love for this man, he was your kidnapper but for some reason, your brain no longer saw him in this way. Maybe the Stockholm syndrome was starting to kick in, or maybe you had been in love with this man from the start.

Maybe if you were more in tune with the real world, you would have realized that Sangwoo had stopped crying. You noticed when Sangwoo shifted and managed to sit you on his lap facing him. Your face flushed slightly as he looked into your eyes.

"Do you hate me, y/n ?"

This was a question you weren't entirely ready for, is it possible for someone to both love and hate the same person. You resented him for the way he treated you before and how he kidnapped you, but he did such nice things as well, making you like him. You were conflicted, he was your captor after all, but Would you be lying if you were to say yes?

For a moment there was no noise, you contemplated not answering at all, but you had to. "No" you answer quietly, making Sangwoo remove his head from the crook of your neck. There was no smile on his face, just a look of Curiosity. And a Glimmer of something in his eyes that you couldn't quite work out.

His mouth hovered next to your ear, you could feel his breath, and it made you shiver. "Good" he whispered. "Because I love you."