Chapter 8

The car pulled into a very familiar neighbourhood. It was your mother's. You were not sure whether it was a coincidence, but the thought of possibly seeing your mother made tears of joy well up in your eyes. 

It no longer seemed like a coincidence, as the car parked in front of the little house in which your mother resides. Although Sangwoo was kidnapping you, you admired his kindness towards you. He was making it seem like you were simply moving out. However, his kindness did not completely get rid of the resentment you felt towards him. 

Sangwoo got out first but unlike last time he didn't pull you out of the car, he politely opened the door for you. It surprised you, but it also made you suspicious. Why was your captor being so nice to you? Did he want something from you? 

You eagerly followed behind Sangwoo as he headed to the front door of your mother's house. Sangwoo of course had the keys. He had confiscated all of your possessions, anything you owned was his now. 

The door opened revealing the same smelly house you were used to. You saw Sangwoo's nose scrunch up at the horrid smell of mould and alcohol. You, being used to it, just sighed. 

Immediately you wanted to go to your mom, you wanted to see if she was okay. But you didn't. You stayed behind Sangwoo. 

He found his way into the living room and flicked on the light. There you saw your mother slumped in her chair presumably asleep. Seeing her sleeping in her chair made you wonder if she ever slept in her bed, or moved at all.  

Slowly you approached, Sangwoo stood in the doorway watching. When you got to the chair you kneeled in front of it. 

"Mum, mum wake up it's me y/n," you said softly shaking her slightly. Within a couple of seconds, your mother's eyelids fluttered open. Her eyelids were droopy and tired looking. 

For once your mother seemed to be paying attention, she was looking at you. "I'm going away for a while, so I won't be coming to see you for a while." Your voice was quiet and you found it hard to say those words. But as expected your mother didn't respond, she just stared at you blankly.

With your hand, you motioned for Sangwoo to come closer. He obliged and came and kneeled next to you. "This is Sangwoo, he's the person I'm going to be living with." You said still looking at your mum. She didn't even look at Sangwoo, she just stared at you with her dead-looking eyes. 

"I have a phone call to make." Sangwoo declared to you before getting up and leaving the room. You wondered what type of phone call he had to make at this time of night. but shrugged it off. He probably just didn't want to be in a room with you and your mother.

Sangwoo's Pov:

I stepped out of the house for some air, but also because I had a phone call to make. The house was small and seemed to have no life to it. But I personally believe that It reflects the woman that lives inside.

It was like y/n was talking to a corpse, her mother didn't move or speak, and her eyes looked dead. Y/n's mother is a shell of a human. I can only wonder what happened to her. There was no way  y/n  would tell me on her own. The only way I would find out would be by force. That may come later, for now, I had to complete the final part of my plan.

I took out my phone and dialled the nearest care homes number all I had to do was sign  y/n's mother up for a place. 

***

It went well. I managed to book a place, they would come and pick y/n's mother the next day. I smiled to myself. Now I could get y/n to do whatever I want.

Y/n's Pov:

It had been fifteen minutes since  Sangwoo had left when he returned. His breath smelt strongly of cigarettes, it wafted its way through the house." We're leaving," he said leaning against the doorframe. This was it, possibly the last time you would ever see your mother. You wanted to stay for longer. But you knew you didn't have the choice. You hugged your mother for the last time and left the room.

You could feel tears prickling in your eyes but you kept them in. The tears were for later when you were alone. Time seemed to slow down as you made your way to the car. Every step away from your mother felt harder and harder. It was like you were wading through thick mud. You wanted everything to stop, you wanted your life to go back to normal. 

But what is normal. Is normal having to look after your sickly mother. Is normal, dating people who are unfaithful. Is it normal to have friends who don't care about you? Thinking about it, you didn't want to go back to your normal life either. Is it possible that this life will be better for me? You questioned yourself. But there was no way, no way a life with your captor, a man you hated could be better right?  right?

You snapped back to reality and realized you were sat in Sangwoo's car. It wasn't moving, you were just sitting in it. Your head turned to see Sangwoo staring at you. This had become a common occurrence but this time it looked like he had something to say. He had your full attention now so was he going to say it?

"I have paid for your mother's stay in a care home. She leaves tomorrow." He said with a straight face. It took a while to process what he said. Once you did, tears started to form in your eyes again. Why is he being so nice? You asked yourself again. He's my captor. Why is he acting like my boyfriend? 

This was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for you so without thinking your body reacted. You lunged at Sangwoo, hugging him tightly. After a moment you let go and kissed his cheek. "Thank you." You said then sat back in your seat. There was silence. The silence allowed you to think about what you had done. Panic started to set in. Oh my god, what have i- you were knocked out of your thoughts by Sangwoo lunging at you and pinning you to the car door. 

Your heart was beating faster than it ever had before. You were terrified of what he was going to do to you. But what he did made your eyes widen. 

You felt his lips press against yours. But this wasn't a tender kiss. No, this was rough and passionate. You were in no position to resist so you let his tongue enter your mouth. His mouth tasted faintly of cigarettes and his lips were softer than you expected. Your mind was going crazy, you couldn't understand what was going on. But then he pulled back. 

Sangwoo buckled his seatbelt and started the car. His eyes were no longer on you but the road ahead. Silence filled the car as you contemplated what just happened. 

What is going on?

A/n thanks for reading :)