Chapter 6

As soon as I got out of Gabriel's car, a colossal, sophisticated building greeted my eyes. Wow.. This place was huge, indeed. Much larger than I imagined. What would one feel standing on top of the roof of the building and then looking down? If it was me, I was sure that my knees would buckle and shake.

   "Let's go," Gabriel snapped me back to reality as he patted my back. I blinked my eyes and quickly followed him to the entrance.

   Cold air hit us as we entered the lobby, which was really massive. There were a few people walking around, sitting on a leather sofa and heading towards the lift. My eyes roamed over the contemporary interior in awe and amazement as I perambulated through the lobby.

   A lady, who was a receptionist, greeted my brother and talked to him for a while. Hence, I took the opportunity to walk a little further away from them and stare at the decorative features of the lobby. And I didn't even have time to appreciate the grandeur because I felt Gabriel's hand on my shoulder, guiding me towards the lift.

   "Where are we going?" I asked as soon as Gabriel pressed the button of the elevator.

   "To Felix's office," he simply answered.

   "Oh, yayy!" I clapped my hands.

   "Ahh.. I would like to remind you that the Felix that we've known at home is a bit different from the one we're about to meet," Gabriel said.

   "What do you mean?"

   "He's......." Gabriel paused and scratched his head. "Well, what is the first thing in your mind when I say the word 'CEO'?"

   "Uh.. Boss?"

   "Yes, true," Gabriel nodded his head. "And what do you think a boss' common characteristic is?"

   I gave him a puzzled look. Why was he asking me weird questions and expecting me to answer them? Anyway, I opened my mouth to say my opinion.

   "Strict? Bossy?"

   "Yes, Felix is strict and bossy, with everyone. Although I am his brother, he won't go easy on me," Gabriel said.

   "Is he scary too?" I asked.

   Instead of answering my question, Gabriel just gave me a lop-sided smile and a raised eyebrow, making me gulp.

   TING!

   The lift door opened and we went out, heading towards a desk, where a beautiful lady sat at. When she raised her head and saw us, she smiled.

   "Hi, Gabriel!" she stood up from her chair.

   "Hi," Gabriel stopped in front of the desk. "Is Felix inside?" he pointed at a door opposite from us, which had a label with Felix's name and the word 'CEO' on it.

   "Yeah, and ─" she was abruptly stopped when someone suddenly exited Felix's office, startling me. The person noticed us and then quickly left.

   He looked like he just saw a ghost...

   "Let me think. He's not in a good mood right now?" Gabriel asked and the lady nodded her head, causing him to lower his and sigh. Then, he lifted it up to say something, but then the door opened again, revealing Felix.

   "Oh, you're here already.." he said blandly, staring at Gabriel. "Get inside. I need to talk to you," he gestured with his head at the interior of his working room whilst his hand still held the door.

   "What about Brina?" Gabriel glanced at me, who was standing beside him.

   "Oh.." Felix, who seemed like he just realised that I was here, blinked his eyes and looked at his secretary. "Could you look after her for a while, please?"