Chapter 7

My sight got blurry as I tried to wipe the tears off my eyes. My skirt was a bit stained with dust particles as I sat on the floor. Thankfully, my skin didn't break or have any wound when I fell. It was just me, who was broken-hearted.

   I hate it... I hate this... I hate ー

   Olivia.

   "What is this? Your diary?"

   She just took a book, which was a gift from my mother, away from me. I didn't realise that I accidentally brought it along. Last night, I was arranging my bookshelf and maybe I mixed it up with my other books while I put them into my school bag. Olivia saw me holding the journal when I finally noticed it in my bag and she quickly grabbed it from my hands.

   "Aww.. How cute," Olivia flipped through my book harshly, ripping some of the pages in the process.

   "Oops.. My bad," she covered her mouth while her friend laughed and I watched.

   I certainly tried to get my book back, but she was a bit taller than me, so she raised her arm higher, making me look like an idiot trying to reach for my journal.

   "You think you can get away from what you have done to me yesterday?" Olivia said whilst pressing her long nail down my shoulder.

   I didn't know why I just stayed quiet. I couldn't fight back. I was frozen on the spot where I stood.

   "That is my book. Give it back, please," I tried to be nice by gently demanding and adding the word 'please', but she just scoffed and turned away.

   "No way. This book is mine now. I can do whatever I want with it," Olivia waved the book at me and began to stride off with her friend.

   "No, that's mine! Give it ー"

   As I put my hands on Olivia's arm, trying to grab my book back, she elbowed me hard, causing me to fall. Thankfully, I wasn't on gravelled road or else, my knees and hands would be bruised.

   When I tried to get up, Olivia pushed me back down and then grabbed me by the blazer.

   "Be careful, Liv. Or Daniel will ー"

   "Forget about him!" Olivia cut in on her friend with an angry look and then averted her gaze at me.

   "Before you came here, Daniel was always with me. But now...." she clicked her tongue and pushed me down again.

   "I think you should just be with your poor mother. You don't deserve to be with Daniel and his family. Look at you and then look at them. So different."

   "And this book? I guess it deserves to be thrown away," Olivia scowled and walked off with my book in her hands.

   I stayed on the floor while a few teardrops moistened my cheeks until I decided to move on and get through the day. Certainly, I would get my book back from Olivia later.

   The bell rang, signalling that classes were about to start soon and students needed to be in their classrooms immediately. Hence, I stood up and walked through the corridor whilst telling myself to forget every nasty word that Olivia had told me today, even how hard it was.

*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*•°*

   The last class for today ended later than usual. Mrs. Brown always told us stories and gave us some advice at the end of the class. Although her stories and advice were interesting and meaningful, I had an important mission to do. As soon as she said her farewell and left, I quickly packed my bag and got out of the classroom.