Part 17: Downhill

Umar

I paced the floor of the room for the uncountable time what was going on? I thought she wasn't going to answer the call or even set me right with a few threats but this,no no it can't be. why is she so pissed? I get It, I flopped by not calling for a week but to my defense I was busy getting settled and burying my self in a ton of work so I could be done and over with this and be back there in no time, back to her.

The only thing that has been keeping me sane we're her videos, Amir was kind enough to send them twice everyday as she did random things, she had no idea they were taken but those meant the world to me.

I felt like taking the next flight out but that wasn't even an option,so hitting the gym the most realistic option of getting rid of the stress. On my way I sent Amir a quick text of thanks and notifying him she picked, I didn't want him bugging her not when she was this pissed with me.

I passed a flower shop and got an idea so, as I reached the gym I got my phone out and called my sister. Hi bibi how are you doing I greeted, I'm good how are you ?I'm in bed do you need something  she asked sounding so sleepy, that's when I realized the time difference ohhh so sorry I got carried away I apologized, call me when you wake up.

You woke me up so out with it already she said, can you send me a flower shop contact? please its urgent. Yeah sure I'll send a few right away. Thank you so much bibi, its oh okay no problem at all bye, thanks Goodnight beebs again so sorry for disturbing you , it's not a problem baby brother night.

With the time difference I couldn't call the flower shop immediately but I decided to place an order through direct message telling them to reply ASAP with details of payment. A box of white roses with a note that reads I'm sorry G
I love you" and a box of red roses with a note

'You're the best thing that happened to me Mi Vida ' 

I hoped this will make her day better which in turn will make min great. I guessed wrong because the phone never rang nor did I receive a text.

I soothed my poor self with hopes of making things better in person. Love will do unimaginable things to you and for the right person it's worth it. She was worth IT!

What's the worst that can happen in 6 months right? I decided to give her space..

....................

Afs

Time flies, Season changes, Life happens.

Seeing life unraveling not the way you least expected or dreamed of, destiny taking its turn and you being powerless with nothing but hope and prayer.

Everything with Luqman was like the high of opioids, he was spontaneous matching my every excess, hell most times I couldn't even catch up.

With Him, Life was exciting like I was on a rollercoaster which I dared not get off. It was addicting.

My most daring dreams were realized with him

My Deepest fear he was there by my side as I conquered it.

My biggest insecurities he laid to rest.

I was living my happiest with him right by my side and I really found it hard to believe it. What I yearned out of life for so long was what was gifted to me and I cherished it with all I had.

As our relationship blossomed, everyone around my grew angsty, the audacity of them to think they had a say in my happiness. I had finally found someone who understood me across a room and that alone made me deaf to their complaints.

'Whatever souls are made of, His and mine are the same'

What the hell were you thinking of that's if you were even thinking at all Shatuu screamed with shock as she showed me a video which I happened to be featured in that went viral on social media. I was speechless because I really didn't think about such because I was on cloud 9 from all that happened.

Last night luqman threw a surprise party where he popped the big question. Not my finest moment because It took me unawares. My answer was a big yes before he slid a ring on my finger then a big hug as he twirled me around.

The ring was no rock but all that mattered was it was him putting it on my finger an the possibilities it signified.

Umma agreed to me staying over at Shatuu's to read for the upcoming exams, well what exactly happened was I got to Shatuu's then sneaked out to go have dinner with Luqman which turned out to be the surprise party.

My palms were sweaty as I watched my phone blow up with calls and texts. This was bad, really bad. I was so far gone in our little world that I forgot about consequences. I was deep in the gray area.

Shatu was clearly more worried that I was because she was sobbing so bad. Amir Called her phone and she looked at me asking for permission to answer which I gave the affirmative

Tell her to come out let's go home now was all he said. I wore the hijab I used for fajr prayer took my phone and headed out the door.

All was out in the open now and I had to face the music. There and then I made up my mind, consequences be damned I will protect our bond with all I had.

~~~~~~~~~

Afiya I hope this is all worth it for Luqman
What are your thoughts about her decision?
Really hoped you liked the chapter
Again sorry for a late update

Vote/Comment/share/Like
With love and everything spice
Amila💫