Part 9:Roots

As the harmattan weather welcomed me,all i could think of  was some good old bandashe as i made my way to the arrival lounge.I was welcomed by a throng of my cousins that came to pick me up. After loads of hugs i greeted my uncle as he led us to the cars waiting.

During the drive to the palace i was filled on about things that happened while i was away.most of the jist made me laugh like a crazy woman making me realize how much i missed this place.

Ran ki ya dade! Barka da zuwa Ran Hajiya karama ya dade!! Lale lale da Hajiya karama!! People sang as soon as i came down from the car.I acknowledged the greetings as I made my way inside the palace.

Assalam Alaikum i said walking towards my grandmother.Sitting majestically on a royal one seater was no one other than Hajiya Maryam, her riga da zani fit her buxom figure perfectly with a light blue veil on her head.she held an intricately designed walking stick as she stood up to hug.

I held onto her like a child till she said if you don't  let go off me we will both fall down since I can see you are yet to grow up. I chuckled as I let go, then greeted her council members that sat around her chair.

She told me to eat first before i bombarded her with my stories as she was having an important meeting.I was led to the dining room where i was welcomed to a feast fit for the king. Hajiya always did things like this.She belived in the saying "Go big or Go home" I started opening the warmers looking for my favourite Bandashe as my cousins dug in.

After a heavy and delightful meal,i had a shower and said my prayers in my room then called my parents and had a chat.Amir facetimed me as he arrived at the stables so I can have a glimpse of Asher and he looked as good as ever.

I got ready then headed out to my "besties" home. I love gwaggo with every fiber of my being.She understood me more than anyone and i couldn't wait to see her.

The smell of bakhoor welcomed me as i went into the living room,i greeted the people there and they directed me to the study.As i approached it,her melodious Qiraa filled the corrifor leading to the study.
Rounding the turn i saw my gradfather sitting in his armchair gazing at the ageless beauty he called his wife.
She was sitting at the desk with the Mushaf as she recited the glorious words,pausing to take in how serene and content they looked.I said a prayer under my breath for a righteous partner because this right here was everything i could ever wish for.
I did not want to interrupt so i thought of leaving before i made eye contact with my old man and he beckoned on me to come in while clearing his throat to make her look up.
She finished the Ayah she was reciting first and looked up,then her face broke into a wide smile as i ran into her arms and broke into sobs...

Sorry this took forever
Like,Comment,share
Love,Amila💕