Part 10

MashaAllah gwaggo said as she rocked me back and forth on her laps trying to shushh me like a child.I peered into her face as I wiped away my tears you're crying too I laughed out. Get down from my laps before you break it you big for nothing she said wiping away her tears.

Alhaji was laughing at us as we calmed down our excitement then exchanged pleasantries.Please hajiya, get up from my wife's lap before you break it said Alhaji.
You can still take a new wife as you are fine like this i teased him. They both burst out laughing, well unlike you i have never stopped my husband from marrying gwaggo replied.

I am not his wife and since you don't love me anymore let me leave your house for you I said sliding down her lap as I made my way out.Haba gimbiya daga wasa said Alhaji as he held my wrist stopping me from leaving.

I mellowed down a bit because I missed them a lot and was looking at the pictures from their latest adventure at Gwadar as Alhaji filled me in while gwaggo was going through the brown envelope baba sent me with which held my latest medical report.

Is everything in good shape Alhaji asked as he saw her putting the papers away, yes everything is perfect Alhamdulillah they both chorused.

As We left the study for Alhaji and headed for her room a call from mama came through,I picked up saying the salam which she answered mama I miss you, I miss you too my baby since you refused to come to say bye when Amir came to pick Umar. I was hunting for plantain chips ne I replied. Chop chop that's why you are too heavy now Haba mana I complained so how is Hajiya and your bestie, they are both good i am at my besties right now.i know i called earlier before you arrived ok bye kow your other siblings need my attention but am i not your fave? I asked Ohh yes you are everyone knows ai she laughed lovve you mamana love you too my big baby bye.

I spread out on the bed which made ne recive a smack from gwaggo because of how unlady like i was.Its all Fatima's fault all she does is spoil you.As big as you are you still behave like a kid.Gwaggo mana haba leave me alone let me rest i said rolling to the other side of the bed.

We prayed maghrib and had a Fiqh session before isha then had dinner.Then caught up with my cousins before i went to bed.

I woke up late the next day,after brunch i went around to all my relatives house to greet them which I couldnt finish because i was exhausted and my bestie thought I was too hard on my self.

Ahmad a cousin of mine i had not seen in a long time offered to take me out to show me the new joints in town which i agreed to because food was involved.we were scheduled for today but because i was so tired i moved it till the weekend.

On saturday i woke up excited had my shower threw on a pair of jeans, top and an abaya then tied a turban. Bestie was against the whole outing but Alhaji persuaded her for me.

Ahmad came over and we left in his car.we drove around stopping at welcare to get their chocolate muffin which are the best before we headed to snap cafe for lunch.

Lunch was good and we caught up a lot with Ahmad and even bumped into his friends. We left stopping at flakes for ice cream and ended up watching a football match.

In the second half of the game i heard my name being called only for me to look up and see Umar. He stood there in a black kaftan with a smoldering gaze which i immediately knew hiw pissed he was.

Ya Umar i blurted because i was really surprised to see him here of all places. I stood up and walked over to him as Ahmad followed suit looking equally pissed for no reason.

What are you doing here i asked as I looked around for Ya Amir. He shook hands with Ahmad with a tight smile on his face, then looked over to me and said we are leaving now, i paused for a second giving him a challenging look but he held my gaze with a "don't try me look" so I conceded with an ok as I made for the door and he followed leaving an angry Ahmad alone.

He opened the door for me then went round and got in.I turned to look at him with a pissed look as we left the premises while he drove.
He sighed and asked what is it? I should be asking you that i replied because his behaviour was annoying.
He slowed down saying ohhh I'm sorry i spoilt your date, its not a date he was just showing me around town i replied but He likes you... no he doesnt i defended. Not everyone likes me please stop this.

He pulled his beard and sighed saying ok sorry i spoilt your date, should i take you back there to sit among the guys? or better still let me take Amir's permission. No way just get me my suya and take me home i gave up making myself comfortable.

Parking at gwaggos house we went in together debating on how to share the suya because i wouldn't agree to 50-50. I hugged my bestie
While sitting on her lap as he sat on the floor and greeted her.

See how sane people exchange pleasantries but all you know is to cuddle someone like a cat. Naji din i replied. Umar where did you find this Uwar yawo she asked him,he burst out laughing, ni ba uwar yawo bace i complained.Gwaggo shook her head saying Allah ya hada ka da aiki wlh Umar, goodnight as she walked upstairs.

Like,comment,share
Thank you.
Amila💕