5| Fool

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Fool

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 5: Fool (Persephone's POV)

"Persephone," he whispered softly. 

I nodded, feeling a lot more comfortable with my phone in my hands. If he does anything, I'll call the cops. It doesn't get any easier. "What about you?" I questioned. "What's your name?" 

"Hades." 

I cracked a smile. Nobody's ever actually tried that. "Nice one," I chuckled. 

"As much as you wish it was true, I'm not flirting with you. It really is Hades." No way is he being serious. 

"Wait... are you really named after the God of the underworld?" I laughed softly. 

"Are you really named after my queen?" He smirked down at me. 

I stared at him half confused, half amused. I have no idea what actually happened at the club. I have a faint memory of going up the staircase and into the balcony. But nothing else. I remember dancing with that guy but I can't remember his name. I remember the cold breeze on the balcony. That one's hard to forget because cold breezes don't come to visit in summer. I nodded slowly. "I guess both our parents really like Greek mythology." I leaned over, putting the bottle on the black nightstand before standing up. 

"And what if I tell you it isn't just Greek mythology?" 

I frowned in confusion, "What do you mean?" 

"What if I told you I am Hades?" 

I folded my arms across my chest, staring at him. "The Hades? Greek God Hades?" 

He nodded with an amused smirk. 

"I'd say you take me for a fool," I scoffed. 

"You don't think he exists?" 

"Not here in New York." 

"No, because you all worship the Devil here, don't you?" 

"Why? Do our miserable faces give it away?" I asked knowingly. Most people in New York look miserable. Stylish but miserable. 

"Precisely," he smirked. 

"Fair enough, we all do look miserable. Maybe I do worship the Devil," I shrugged. 

"That doesn't mean Hades can't exist here, darling." 

"Is darling a British thing? Because I don't like it." 

"You can say that," he chuckled. 

I rolled my eyes, glancing out the window. "So what are you telling me? That's you're a Greek God living here on earth?" 

"If I told you that, would you believe it?" 

"No," I laughed.