9| Trick

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Trick

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 9: Trick (Persephone's POV)

I sat on my bed, biting my nails, and staring through the window. I let out a labored sigh and leaned my head back, moping. That's exactly what I'm doing. Moping, sulking, whining, all of the above. I want to kill him. I don't care that he's a god, I want to kill him. I want to stab him, throw him out a window, push him off a cliff, again, all of the above. 

Can he hear my thoughts right now? Let me go check. 

I stood up and walked to his room, not bothering to knock. Which I regretted deeply when I saw the sight of him in nothing but a white towel draped around his waist while he grabbed his selected clothes from the closet. 

His hair was soaked and looked stringy, dripping water down his back, chest, and abs. "Take a picture, darling. It'll last longer." 

I blinked, snapping out of it, and stared at him. "I came here to ask you something." 

"Yes?" He watched me with amusement while using a smaller towel to ruffle and dry his hair. 

"Can you really read my thoughts?" 

He nodded, tossing the hair towel on the bed. His hair was less wet now, still damp enough. And he dried it all wrong, how doesn't his hair get knotted? 

"All the time? Even when you're not trying to read them?" 

"Yes. I hear them. But I can turn it off, block them out and act deaf to them. Are you asking for privacy?" 

"Yes." 

"So you can think dirty thoughts?" He smirked. 

"No!" 

He chuckled, walking over to me slowly, stopping when we were toe to toe. "So which one would you like to do? Stab me, throw me out the window, or push me off a cliff?" 

I let out a groan, looking away from him. "I would like to keep my thoughts to myself. If I wanted you to hear it, I would just say to you. I think of them for a reason. Please just... stay out of my head." 

He held up a pinky. "I promise to stay out of your head." 

I went to lock my pinky with his but he pulled his hand away. 

"If you agree to help me." 

"Absolutely not," I answered and I meant it. 

He pulled his hand back down, letting it drop to his side. "Then no promise. Expect me to read and know all your thoughts." 

I stared at him in disbelief. "This is so unfair. You can't read my thoughts, they're private. What if I'm—" 

"Thinking dirty thoughts?" 

"Stop it," I scolded.