What It Takes To Be a Hero

The timer reached one minute until the start of the next episode. Everyone was going back to their seats. In their seats, Izuku and All Might were preparing for the shock that was about to erupt in their faces.

"Is everyone seated?" Giselle asked, holding the remote in her hand. When she saw the timer reach zero and everyone were in their seats, she pressed the play button. "Let us begin."

Baby Izuku watches All Might's debut video.

"Aww. It should be a crime to be this cute, Midori." Mina said, watching baby Izuku get so excited.

"Sorry kid, it's not gonna happen." the doctor said, shooting down Izuku's hopes.

"It's so unsettling to see a classmate with such power being deemed quirkless." Momo said, frowning at the screen at a shocked Izuku.

Teenage Izuku stands on the roof with All Might, wanting to ask his question. 'Even if I'll never have superpowers.' he thought, as Katsuki's taunts from earlier were shown. 'Even if everyone thinks I'm useless.'

Inko hugged her son as they cried. "I'm sorry Izuku. I wish things were different."

The majority of the audience looked at the screen sadly as they watched the heartbreaking scene again.

'Mom that's not what I needed you to say. Couldn't you see?'

"Izuku." Inko wiped her tears with a tissue.

'Despite everything, I still dream and I have to know.' Teenage Izuku thinks, clenching his fist. "Is it possible to become a hero even if I don't have a quirk?" Izuku asks All Might before he reaches the edge. "I'm a normal kid without any powers. Could I ever hope to become someone like you?" Izuku asks, closing his eyes with a blush in his cheeks.

All Might and Izuku steeled their nerves for what was coming next. They were prepared for the barrage of questions that were about to come their way.

All Might stopped and half-turned to look back at Izuku. "Without a quirk?" A jolt of yellow light flashed across the screen, and All Might jerked in pain.

"All Might, should we be scared?" Mina asked, looking on in worry as the onscreen All Might hunched over, steam beginning to swirl all around his body.

"It's alright, young Ashido." All Might said with a wave of his hand.

"Oh no," he whispered to himself. "Dammit! Not here!"

Aizawa turned to look at All Might. "Don't tell me that he found out on that rooftop?" he asked the retired pro hero. All Might nodded his head and the teachers sighed.

The screen returned to Izuku who was looking down after finally asking his question, rambling on and trying to explain himself. "People think I don't have a chance; that not having any powers makes me some kind of weakling. My classmates like to make fun of me. But you know what, that makes me want to prove them wrong. Ever since I was a kid, I've thought that saving people was the coolest thing you can do."

The students and adults stared at the onscreen Izuku's oblivious nature as he looked anywhere but the steam that was coming off the number one hero's body.

"Midoriya, as much as I commend you on your ability to speak your mind, at least be aware of your environment and surroundings." Tenya said, with an amused smile.

"I was nervous and I couldn't dare to look him straight in the eye." Izuku said, scratching the back of his head. Most of the students looked over at Izuku in sympathy while the rest of them facepalmed themselves.