Chapter 1: Meeting the prince.

Martis' POV

"You have to kidnap the prince, do you understand"? Alice, the queen of the abyss told me, giving me a mission, I assumed. I sighed. "Yes ma'am." I started to prepare myself and left the abyss.

....

Ah right, you are probably wondering who I am. I am Martis Ashura, your local rockstar who is a demon in disguise. Yeah yeah, sounds edgy I know, but that's the truth, isn't it? I don't know how I got into the abyss anyway. I am currently on my way to the Moniyan, I think that's too obvious, but eh, I don't care. Really hope I won't get lost because that damn demon didn't even give me a map. Why did I accept this? Don't know either.

A few hours later.

"Looks like I'm in a forest. ...Did I get lost?" I said to myself, scanning around the place. Shit, I did. There were so many paths and I had to choose one. I chose the left path, hoping that it would bring me to the Moniyan. I felt like I was close to the place. I was just walking when I saw a rather blonde boy sitting on the grass, writing something in his book. Should I talk to him? Should I ask him for help? Before I could approach, the boy noticed me and ran up to me. "Hey! You look familiar!" He said with a curious face. I looked at him confused, what does he mean? He started to check my accessories and my outfit, and his eyes lit up. "Mart! It really is you! Y-You're alive and safe! I missed you!" He said as he hugged me tightly. ...What is happening? How does he know my name? "Excuse me, who are you?" I asked, pushing him away from me. His face was filled with confusion now. He laughed nervously and asked. "Haha, you must be joking... right?" "I don't know what you're talking about." I answered, raising my eyebrow. "It's me! Aurelius, your friend! Don't you remember..?" It sounded like a sad tone. I didn't want to answer since I was at lost thought. He went quiet for a minute, but then pulled my hand and ran through the forest. Is he taking me to the empire? I didn't care and just followed him. I want to know what he wants.

A few minutes later, which felt like hours, we arrived at the Moniyan. I was right, after all, he is a prince. There's the sunlight which is hurting my eyes and burning my skin. Feels like I'm vampire. ...How am I going to kidnap him though? And why does he look so... familiar? My thoughts were probably messing with me. I entered the palace, my heart was pounding so fast, I was nervous. I felt myself shaking a bit, jeez... I should be more brave. Out of a sudden, Aurelius held my hand tightly. He whispered. "Don't worry Mart! I'm going to help you!" Huh? What help? Does he really know who I am? I looked around and there were a lot of guards. Yup, I knew this was going to be the hardest job. One guard caught my eye, he has black hair with a white streak, and he has a scar on his left eye.  Aurelius told me his name is Granger. He was staring at me like I've done something wrong. ...I hope he doesn't know. "I see you got Martis back... somehow." He says to Aurelius. He knows my name too... huh? The prince explained the guard how he met me in the forest. "Hmph, well then. I will keep you both safe from them. I promise they won't take you again." Then he glared at me, this time with intidimating face. This is not going to end well...

Aurelius pulled me to a place which looks like a garden. "What did they do to you? Did you get hurt?! Are you alright?!" He asked me tons of questions 'till my head hurts. "...Now calm down with those questions, what do you mean by all of that?" I sighed and laid down on the grass to rest for a while, my legs were tired of those walking. Aurelius hit me lightly. "Do you even remember the past?" He pouted and turned his face away from me. I didn't want to tell him that I'm... one of the demons. "Hey Aurelius? Can I stay here?" I asked him. "...Dummy, you live here." Shit. I sat back and covered myself, I felt embarassed. "So they did something to you... hmm..." Aurelius looked at me with a curious tone. "Can you tell me what happened... please, Mart?" I ignored his question and looked at the other way. He frowned and started writing stuff on his book. Why does he bring that thing anyway? "What are you writing?" I tried to check but he closed the book instantly. "N-Nothing! Just some things that are private!" He awkwardly smiled at me. He whispered something to himself I couldn't hear, then he pulled me out of the garden and brought me to a bedroom with colors that almost... matches me. He asked if I remembered this place. I couldn't lie, it looked quite familiar. "You are going to sleep here! No other choices!" Great. I have to stay here just to kidnap him. I nodded and Aurelius checked the time. It was 9:30 PM. He then brought me to the dining table with his family, I assumed. A blonde girl was surprised when she saw me. "Ah, brother! You got Martis back, how did you do that?" ...I guess everyone here knows my name, god dang it. "Yeah uhh... I met him in the forest at a random time! And here we are!" He smiled at her. We started eating dinner, I finished quickly and went into my room. I sat on my bed, thinking about the possible ways of kidnapping the prince, acting kind and sweet whatever, but also wondering... what actually happened to me? I don't even remember how I got into the abyss. I have... so many questions. I lay down on my bed, and I started drifting off.