Chapter 8: I'm Sorry.

(The majority of you people decided to betray Aurelius!)

...

...I have to do it. I have to complete the mission.

Aurelius, I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry. I love you.

Aurelius' POV

"...That was a horrible nightmare." I thought, it was about Mart... he drugged me, and took me to the abyss. What does that mean? I checked the clock on my wall, 4:20 PM. I took a deep breath and sighed, "Relax, Aurelius... it's just a dream..." I began tidying up my bed and left my bedroom. While walking through the hallway, I saw Silvanna and Natalia chatting and smiling. They obviously have a crush on each other, good for them, really! I waved at them and they waved at me back, then I suddenly bumped onto Martis. "Oh... hi Aurelius." He looked unhappy... why? "Are you alright, Mart? You look sad." "Don't worry about that... anyway, do you wanna go to the garden? Just the two of us?" He smiled at me, this was the first time he invited me to go there. I accepted and both of us went there.

We both sat there, there was only silence, this is awkward... "Soo Mart... what has been on your mind lately?" Mart rest his chin on his hand. "Eh... dunno, you maybe?" ...HUH. I lightly hit him and felt myself blushing. "Hey! I was just joking!" He pouted, I crossed my arms and looked away. "Anyway, on a serious note, stuff has been hard lately." "What do you mean?" He scratched his head, "Well... you know... Alice?" That fucking cursed witch. I nodded, "Y-You see... I..." "I know what you're talking about." I responded, he looked at me with a worried look. "You're one of Alice's assistants, right? You do missions, help the fucking demon, whatever that shit." I might sound angry but I'm actually don't, and that's when Mart froze. I held his hand and looked at him, "Just tell me the truth, please." It looked like he hesitated, "I-I'm supposed to be your enemy. I wasn't supposed to be friends with you nor the lightborns. I-I was-" Tears were forming in his eyes, I could tell he never meant to... I pulled him and hugged him. "It's fine, Mart. It's alright..." Mart hugged me tightly, "...You don't understand, you don't know what I have to do." The moment he said that, I knew what his job was. It's just like my nightmare.

"Bring me to the abyss?" We both stopped hugging and looked at each other's eyes, he didn't say anything. "That's the truth, right?" I wiped his tears, I could feel him shaking. "You can just say it Mart, after all, we're best friends... right?" I never noticed that he was hiding something behind his back, I assume it was a syringe. "...Do it, complete the mission." After those words fell out of my mouth, his face was filled with confusion and sadness. "...Why? Why are you so calm about this? Aren't you the prince?" ... "Why are you always on my side? You knew I'm one of them, right? SO WHY? WHY ARE YOU SO CALM?!" He clutched his hand on his chest, I know the answer. "Because I love you!"

"If it means that we will be together forever, even in the abyss, then do it. I don't care if you were never on the light side, I only care about you, I really love you Mart!"

He slowly took out the syringe while shaking. He wouldn't stop apologizing, I pulled his jacket and kissed him. "Hehe, one last hug...?" I tried to smile at him, but I felt like crying. Mart immediately hugged me, "Please forgive me." And that's the moment I passed out.

Martis' POV

I hesitated at first but I used the syringe on him, then he became unconscious. I couldn't help but crying, why am I like this...? I'm supposed to be satisfied with my work, right?

So why?

Why are there tears in my eyes?

Why do I feel my heart aching with pity?

I hate this feeling so much... this feeling of guilt and misery.

I'm a horrible person.

I slowly carried him and ran through the forest, the place where I met him for the first time. I saw the Moniyan guards chasing after me, I kept running and running non-stop. There was a bridge in front of me that was almost about to be broken and I had no choice but to walk across it. The guards almost got me when the bridge broke under them and made them fall. I looked behind... I felt bad for them. I kept walking until I made to the abyss, I greeted Alice. "Hmph, so you finally got the prince, took you long enough." I stared at Aurelius and gave him a kiss on his forehead. "You have a crush on him or something?" I glared at her, "...Shut up." Alice took Aurelius from me and smiled at me, but there was something sinister in her expression. "Don't worry, he'll remember you." Alice put him inside the tube, gave him a mask, and started to active the machine. He is going to be one of us, he is going to be a demon too.

Maybe we'll be together,

forever.