Chapter 3: Failed Attempt.

Aurelius' POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, feeling hungry. I was... a bit afraid of the dark. So I took my flashlight from my drawer and went outside of my room. The atmosphere in the hallway felt... frightening. It felt like someone was here with me, but I don't know who. I looked behind, and yup, there was nothing there. Geez... maybe I'm just being paranoid. I went to the kitchen and took a snack from the fridge. And then when I checked behind me, being curious, I saw Martis in the corner of my eye. "GAH!" I shouted on accident, falling on the floor, with a shocked face. "Y-You scared me!" I got up and took my snack again. Mart apologized and just stood there, blankly staring at the fridge then me. I asked if he wanted a snack, but he declined. Instead, he asked, "What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" "I should be the one asking that to you." I answered, being concerned about him. He was holding something behind his back, but I couldn't tell what it was. I saw Martis' face and it looked like he wanted to speak, but something was stopping him to do so. "Well then, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night!" I said as I waved at him, leaving the kitchen, and headed to my room. Martis waved back and stayed behind, being silent. How weird.

Martis' POV

"...Shit, why didn't I drug him?!" I thought, why the fuck did I stay silent?! I could have had the opportunity to kidnap him but I got distracted instead! I held my drug and stared at it for a few seconds. ...Ah, hold on, I think I have an idea. I went through the hallway and tried entering his room, but it was locked. Thankfully, I had a lockpick in my pocket and unlocked the door. I went into his room and saw him sleeping on his bed. This was the perfect time to do it. I slowly approached him, pulling out my drug and tissue. I'm not going to fuck this up again. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake u-

"Huh, ...Mart?" Fuck. I accidentally dropped my stuff. I hope he didn't see them. Aurelius yawned and rubbed his eyes, "...How did you get into my room? ...What do you want?" I had to lie to him to avoid suspicion. "I-I was uhh... scared! So I wanted to come here, a-and you left your door unlocked." I nervously spoke, trying to smile at him. He walked over to the door, checking it. "I... don't remember it being... unlocked." He went up to me and almost saw the stuff I dropped, so... I had to break it. I didn't want him to notice, I didn't want this plan to fuck up. I don't need to worry because I had other stuff anyway. "Are you saying that you want to sleep here...??" I nodded. I had no other choice. He decided to sleep on the carpet so I acted nice or shit. "No no, I'll sleep there. This is your room, after all." Aurelius gave me a thumbs up and slept on the bed, he was too tired. I threw the broken stuff into the trash can, took a spare blanket and slept on the carpet. Tomorrow, I swear, tomorrow I'll do it.

Aurelius' POV

"That was a weird night..." I said to myself, being confused about what happened last night. I got up from my bed and opened the curtains. The weather was sunny, it kind of hurt my eyes but other than that, it felt nice breathing the fresh air. I was about to wake Martis up, but he was... snoring loud and had a weird position, the carpet and blanket were messy. Hmph, how dare he. I grabbed one of my pillows and hit him lightly with it. Of course, Mart woke up. "H-Hey, what was that for?!" Pfft, his reaction was hilarious! "It's morning already! Learn how to wake up early, won't you?" I laughed at him, and he got up, reaching to my bed. He grabbed a pillow and hit me with it. "Hey!" "Heh, you're the one who started this." He smirked, holding the pillow- ...dramatically. "Alright then! Let's see who will win this fight!" I said to him, starting to hit him. We fought with pillows for a bit and it was a draw, it was actually fun.

We went to the kitchen for breakfast and we saw Silvanna and Natalia, chatting while baking, it's kind of obvious that they're in love, hehe. I decided to help them prepare breakfast while Granger watched Martis so he doesn't do anything. We all ate breakfast and this time, it tasted like heaven! We finished and washed the plates together, but Martis was going somewhere, not telling me which place he's going to. Not again... I silently followed him, he was heading to the clinic and took out... medicine. Why would he do that? Is he sick? I called him and he was surprised to see me here. He stopped doing what he was doing, suspicious... I wanted to ask him but Martis was already walking away. I pulled his arm and he looked at me. "Martis, are you trying to poison someone?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow. He didn't answer, instead, he ran away. Why does he keep doing this? I already knew the answer, but I wanted more explanation... Why did they do this? He doesn't deserve this...

Martis' POV
I wasn't motivated to do anything bad even though I swore to myself that I would do it. Maybe all I can do is earn Aurelius' trust more, so I could kidnap him with no problem at all. But to be honest, I had a bit of fun playing with him in the morning... I didn't want to admit it. I'm supposed to be his enemy. I felt my face getting red, I brushed it off, thinking it was just something else. I went to the garden just to lay down the grass but I saw Granger there. Before I could go back, Granger was already behind me, kind of scary... "What do you want?" He asked, staring at me. I told him what I wanted to do and he left me alone. What a fucking weird dude. I laid down on the grass, thoughts were running through my head. What's the next thing I have to do? Tricking him going to places? I was spacing out when suddenly Aurelius scared me out of nowhere. "BOO!", I shouted and accidentally pulled out a dagger from my pocket, oops. He stared at me with a shocked face and went back a bit, raising his arms. "...Don't do that shit again." I told him with an angry look, putting my weapon back into my pocket. He was probably concerned about me right now. He kept asking me what was wrong, but I ignored it and looked at the sky instead when suddenly, I fell asleep.