Chapter 7: Decisions.

Martis' POV

I woke up like usual, this time I was tired as fuck. I wanted to get up but I couldn't, someone was hugging me from my back. I looked at my side and it was Aurelius, did he get here by himself? I tried waking him up, shaking him, but he wouldn't. "...Aurelius, can you move please?" Instead of moving, he hugged me tighter, guess I can't move until he wakes up. A few minutes later, which felt like hours, Aurelius finally woke up. "Good morning." I smiled at him. He looked around for a bit and his eyes widened up. "I-" "Hmm?" Aurelius covered his face with a pillow, heh. "What's wrong?" "I DIDN'T MEAN TO I'M JSYSXTSOKWO" I tried taking the pillow from him to see his face but he kept grabbing it tightly. Then he finally put the pillow down and hid himself under the blanket. "You should go change in your room." I told him while searching for clothes in the closet. "Y-Yeah! Uhh... see you at breakfast!" Aurelius opened my bedroom door and ran away. Pfft, he was probably embarassed. I changed my outfit and went to the dining table, breakfast was already prepared. I saw Aurelius with Granger and waved at them, Aurelius waved back but Granger didn't notice. I sat on the chair and we all started eating together. After we're finished, Aurelius and Granger came up to me. "Hey Mart! Do you wanna take a walk with us?" "Sure."

We went outside and the weather was sunny, my fucking eyes hurt. At least the air was refreshing. "Your highness, you weren't in your room last night, where were you?" Granger asked with a concerned face. Aurelius whispered to me, "...Should I tell him?" I shrugged, he decided to tell him anyway. "I, uhm... I slept at Mart's bedro-" "And what did you do?" Geez, why is he asking this kind of stuff. "We played games for a bit then just slept, no bad shit." Granger stared at me for a second then looked away. While we were walking, we saw Alucard and Harith fighting. For a second I thought they fought for real, but Granger told me they were just practicing. We stayed for a while to watch them fight. Then a few minutes later, they both stopped and rest, "Nice one, Harith!" Alucard gave him a thumbs up and Harith let out a giggle. It took them a minute to notice us for some fucking reason. "Oh, sorry! Didn't see you there!" Alucard scratched his head and laughed nervously. Granger sighed and waved at them, Aurelius clapped his hands, he was amazed. "Harith, you're getting better!" "Hehe, thanks sir!" Harith noticed me and went behind Alucard. "What's wrong, kiddo?" Alucard pat his head, Harith pointed at me with a scared face, shit. I quickly apologized to Harith multiple times but Alucard didn't know what was going on, and Granger and Aurelius awkwardly looked at each other.

We continued walking and chatting until one of us became tired. "Excuse me your highness, may I rest for a while?" Granger asked Aurelius, "Huh? Why not? We've been walking for a while, we all should rest for a bit." Granger thanked him and we went inside the empire. Suddenly we saw Tigreal chasing Fanny, "Hah! You can't catch me big bro!!" She stuck her tongue out and kept using her steel cable. Tigreal stopped, trying to breathe some air, "...I'll get you one day." Fanny noticed us and went towards us. "YO! GOOD NOON, GU-" She missed her cable on a wall and crashed us. Tigreal came over and apologized to us about his sister, she did the same. "...Sorry sir!" She bowed down, "...You don't need to bow." Aurelius chuckled. "Are you on sugar rush or something?" I gave her a stern face. "Nope, just tryna practice using my cables with my brother!" She put her hand on her hip. All of us were chatting and smiling when I suddenly got a text notification, wonder who. I checkes my device and... it was from Alice.

"Martis?? Where have you been? It's almost been a couple of months, are you doing the stuff I told you to do?" I nearly forgot that I had to fucking kidnap the prince. I replied to her, "...Sorry, it's honestly hard doing this job, there's lots of guards protecting here." "Well then, do it as fast as possible, please." I ironically reacted her message with a thumbs up emoji. I put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Aurelius. I didn't want to make Alice mad, but I also didn't want to kidnap him. He makes me smile everyday, he's too kind.

Should I... join the Moniyan?

...Leave him alone and go back to the Abyss?

...Or do I finish my job?

These thoughts were making my head hurt, these decisions were too complicated, this feels like hell, literally. I don't know what to do, I really don't. I blankly spaced out until Aurelius poked me. "Mart?" I quickly shook my head and looked at him. "I'm fine, don't worry." I told him that I'm going to my bedroom, not telling him the reason. I waved at him and ran.

Aurelius' POV

...What is up with him? I tried to speak to him but he already ran away. I went to his bedroom door and knocked, there was no respond. I think he needs some space right now... I hope he's alright.

...

Ah, right... I forgot they took him away from us when we were little... they turned him into a demon, didn't they? Haha... how horrible of them. I should talk to him soon about it, maybe asking if he would like to join the Moniyan and be with us again. I don't want him to betray us. I don't want him to go back to that cursed witch again. I want him to be safe. I don't want him to lose memories again.

I waved goodbye to the lightborns and went to my bedroom. I sat on my bed and crossed my legs, I was really worried about Mart now. How am I going to invite him to join the Moniyan again? I hope he won't decline my request. Sigh... I should take a nap and rest for a while from these thoughts. I turned off the light and laid down on my bed, taking a nap.

(Hello fellow readers! Congrats reading until the end, now I would like you guys to vote for Martis' decision in the comments, you either get to stay and join the prince's side, leave the empire without bringing him, or betray him.)